Thread: I moved this past weekend... and wrecked my car!

I moved this past weekend... and wrecked my car!

Yes, I managed to wreck my car this weekend.... all before the big move started. I cannot believe I did it, but in true blonde fashion, I managed to take the front end of my car off with the moving truck! I had made it from the rental place to the house, in this 24 foot diesel monstracity! And as I pulled into the driveway, I checked to make sure I was clearing my car that was parked on the street. Looked good, but I managed to take the front bumper with a piece of the truck that sticks out of the side! Of course, I didn't hear anything because it was 24 feet behind me and I had the diesel engine running in front of me! So I just kept going. I looked in my rearview mirror to make certain I was in the driveway enough, and there was the front bumper and pieces of my car laying in the street and my car, while IN PARK, had been dragged so that it was now sitting sideways in the street!

My friends were able to bungee cord the bumper to the frame so that I could drive it to the new place. It is completely out of alignment. You know how you are supposed to have your hands at 10 and 2 on the steering wheel? Well, thanks to me, to keep my car staight, your hands would have to be at 12 and 6!!!!!!!!!

So the insurance company got me a rental car yesterday, and today the body shop came and took it away to see what kind of damage has been done underneath. Nothing looks to be leaking, but we are certain there is damage to the frame/tie rods/ whatever else. At first, the assessor thought it may have to be totalled, but now he is thinking they may be able to fix it.

The kicker? I did the damage on September 27 and I bought the car 4 years ago on September 28. I only have one more year to pay on it and it is mine!

I cried and cired at first, now I can laugh about it. My new nickname at work? "CRASH"!!!!!!!!!!! And one of my co-workers told me today that I had definitely earned my "blonde card". :::sigh:::

But I am all moved and getting settled into my new place! I am so glad to be out of the old place and the terrible conditions that my "friend" was putting me through! Feels good to just be me and the kitties again and no one to worry about walking in anytime she wants!
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

RIP sweet Tabitha, my heart kitty. You are loved and missed every day. 1988 - 2010

Congratulations on the move, and condolences on the car! Yowch! Next time, recruit a co-pilot of the non-feline kind, okay?

Oh goodness. I'm sorry. I'm trying not to laugh though.

~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Hmmm, sounds like something I would do. Sure we're not related? I'm sorry about your car, Donna, but glad that you can laugh about it now. In the grand scheme of things, it's unimportant compared to the drama that you just experienced w/your friend. Have fun in your new place, Crash.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I have always said that if you buy a brand new car that you should buy three things that go with it.

New Glasses,
    A new album of music and a hammer.

The hammer is so you can go along side the car and put dings in it.

That way you know who nicked your car and you don't freak when you see the first scratch.

-------

YOur way was the the tough way.

Oh, I don't know whether to laugh or hug!!!!

But - you are in your NEW place. When you and the kits get settled a bit, we gotta see pics.

I bet the furry noses are exploring everywhere!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

An update:

I have a rental car, and my car with the big owie has gone to the body shop to see what damage I managed to do underneath! I am waiting for them to call me with the news. The insurance assessor at first said, "I think it will be close as to whether it will be totalled". Yesterday, he told me that he has "run some numbers" and it may be salvagable. It depends on the damage underneath.

But... the kitties have settled in nicely! Tabby has moved with me 9 times and once she saw the bed put together and made, she climbed up, got in her spot between the pillows and started purring! Sasha took some time, and she is still doing some exploring, but she is fine! Her biggest complaint is that we now have a pedestal sink in the bathroom (thus no cabinet to sit on) and she refuses to jump up and get a drink! This morning I put her int he sink and showed her that she can get a drink and not get her presious toesies wet, and she drank. We will see what happens tonight when I get home. Hopefully she will remember she can get up there!

Off to do some more work! ***can't wait to get myinternet and cable tomorrow! ***
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

RIP sweet Tabitha, my heart kitty. You are loved and missed every day. 1988 - 2010