Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ugh, another PETS-splotation movie.

Ugh, another PETS-splotation movie.

I saw the trailer for a new kiddie movie "Beverly Hills Chihuahua".

Looks like it's about a BH dog that gets sent to Mexico, on accident of course, and has to find it's way back home with the help of some dogs with some really bad effing Mexican accents.

First of all, this is another stupid storyline that has to do with the Paris Hilton phenomenon. I think that keeping dogs in purses and letting people take them into restaurants is really stupid. I do like the fact that some places will let you bring a dog to a outdoor/patio setting, but I don't care for the indoors dining experience of someone feeding a small dog on their lap at the next table.

I was channel surfing one day and say some jerk with a dog on his lap inside a restaurant. He was playing with the dog, scratching his hair and putting it up to his face. I found out later that he is some kind of plastic surgeon on that show. For a doctor, he shows that anyone can be really smart and an effing moron at the same time.

I can eat my own cat's hair, but I don't want to be in a restaurant dining on the hair of someone else's dog.

Two?

Maybe no one else will pick up on the super bad accents that the dogs of Mexico have in this film -If it were Akitas with bad Japanese accents or any other pets associated with a culture or race, there would be a public outcry for sure! If Disney did a rapping Pit bull with a strong black accent the world would stop and spin backwards. I don't think you'll hear too much from my Mexican cousins on this one!

(Remember Jarjar Binks from the Star wars movie and how people were inflamed about how he sounded like a stuttering Rastafarian?)

Three?

I bet the breeders are licking their chops looking for the tidal wave of parents looking for a Chihuahua for their stupid greedy kids, who will lose interest in the dog when it starts to shiat in their toybox, eats some homework or gets hurt when it runs in front of an uncoordinated elementary school kid.

Again, while I am not a fan of the smaller breeds of dogs for kids, I do think that they are great dogs for people who are a little more settled in their lives.

I really hate to see any animals exploited in movies or TV and see that this will be another short run on small dogs because of the media.

I just hope they don't get the treatment that the Taco Bell pooches got!

I am hoping the movie will simply fail, and few people will see it. It just sounds dumb on so many levels.

Nope the movie does not look to interesting to me.. Have you noticed they time these movies to be in the gaining season of pups just born & or around a holiday.. And your right then the wrong familys get the pups for the kids & here we go again..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Ugh, encouraging backyard breeders of Chihuahuas.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

For the record, I thought it looked kind of cute and pretty funny. But then again, I'm a 15 immature teenager, I'll admit.

And for another record, Disney has a history of making pretty lousy movies sometimes. It can go one way or the other with Disney. They can make great movies like POTC and then ruin it with the sequel or in this case the trilogy or the movie just sucks period like High School Musical. I LOVE Disney and all but sometimes they just can't see the stupidity. Of course they make money anyway.

Your very true there Alysser.. But as you will learn in time Stupidity can always show the face of the Dollar..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    For the record, I thought it looked kind of cute and pretty funny. But then again, I'm a 15 immature teenager, I'll admit.

Well, I'm a long way from 15, but I thought it was cute too. I only saw
    the preview of the film & not the whole thing. I liked the song about the
    history of the Chihuahua.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I thought it was cute, and I'll probably go see it but I'm not looking foreward to seeing all of the breeders who start pumping out anything they can call a chihuahua and selling it for $2000.

Niņo & Eliza

I hate when these types of movies come out... Only bad can come of it!

Two things I know are:

1. NOONE gets my Joey pup, and he does not even speak Mexican (good or bad!)

2. It really is not all the breeders fault.. If people are stupid enough to pay thousands of dollars for a chi, from a BYB, after watching a fake dog speaking movie, they should be ashamed.

Their are HUNDREDS of Chis in shelters every day.... More to come I am positive!

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post

And for another record, Disney has a history of making pretty lousy movies sometimes. It can go one way or the other with Disney. They can make great movies like POTC and then ruin it with the sequel or in this case the trilogy or the movie just sucks period like High School Musical. I LOVE Disney and all but sometimes they just can't see the stupidity. Of course they make money anyway.
    I am a few years older than 15 and I thought it looked cute
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

There's a movie coming out next month with German Shepard's.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

I will probably go see the movie because it looks funny and cute! I am a lot older than 15 too. I have two chihuahuas and found another chihuahua a home in my neighborhood. The new parents just adore their new baby boy named Pepe!I have a positive attitude and love all animals. I sure hope that nothing bad comes from all the movies that are made about any animals. But bad people or greedy people do exist out there!!! But let's be more on the positive side and look at the movies more in a positive way, so we can enjoy them!!

Ai Dios!

All animals that are portrayed in cutsie movies end up being 'pets-sploitated'.
    Yep it is a 'cute' movie, but for all you that have a brain there are hundreds who do not.

Spuds Mckenzie, the Taco Bell dogs, pit bulls and how many other animals are adopted into homes where they are cute for 26 minutes and then are tossed out, killed or, maimed when they out grow their cuteness.

I head that NEMO was a huge money maker for Disney and fish stores....I wonder how many fish got flushed when kids wanted to act out the movie?

Disney don't mind your 8 dollars per ticket. But how much do they care about animal safety and well being?

Oh, that's right. They do care about animals.

They have a rat that makes them money hand over fist.

I hate these kinds of movies. Lassie was enough, not all these dumb movies that people make and release for the heck of it, hoping to gain ground. In my opinion, only people who have a clue about what they are doing should own dogs. Paris Hilton couldn't operate a telephone, much less own a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Ai Dios!

All animals that are portrayed in cutsie movies end up being 'pets-sploitated'.
    Yep it is a 'cute' movie, but for all you that have a brain there are hundreds who do not.

Spuds Mckenzie, the Taco Bell dogs, pit bulls and how many other animals are adopted into homes where they are cute for 26 minutes and then are tossed out, killed or, maimed when they out grow their cuteness.

I head that NEMO was a huge money maker for Disney and fish stores....I wonder how many fish got flushed when kids wanted to act out the movie?

Disney don't mind your 8 dollars per ticket. But how much do they care about animal safety and well being?

Oh, that's right. They do care about animals.

They have a rat that makes them money hand over fist.
    Its been a while since you went to the movies? Try ten bucks.....
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!