Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kitty Time Out

Hybrid View

Kitty Time Out

Does anyone here ever put their kitties in "time out" I do with Corky sometimes. He's usually a good boy sometimes he and my roommates cat go at it and I feel bad for her because she's declawed and can't defend herself. So when I start to see some of her white hair flying around the room I put Corky in "time out". I put him in the guest room for about 2 or 3 minutes, just long enough for him to calm down. Does anyone else do this?
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

The speeding cat

I usually grab the bad kitty as he/she flies by when chasing the other.....trying to kill each other.....and then I hold the chaser very tightly until it calms down. I do this after I have heard enough and feel as though the torture has gone on long enough for me! I wonder what they do when I am not there.

Aren't our kittens sweet with one another?

Former User Guest
    Nope, I just usually yell my lungs out (poor neighbours)

If I tried to yell at Corky he would think that I wanted to be in the fight too!!
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Former User Guest
    Originally posted by Uabassoon
    If I tried to yell at Corky he would think that I wanted to be in the fight too!!
    LOL with us the peace arrives!

hee hee

When one of the cats are bad, they go in the bathroom with the door shut for a few minutes to calm down...or so we can eat in peace (Basil). We puts toys in there so they can be somewhat entertained, but they usually remain untouched.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

RE "Kitty Time Out!

Yes, I certainly do make use of "kitty time out" since I own a 15 year old female, a 5 year old male and a 5 month old male kitten!!
    I have to accomodate a geriatric cat, a young male in his prime and a baby male trying to find his place in this line up!!
    Most of the time the baby is a bit too aggressive for the other two, so he goes in "kitty time out" until he calms down a bit. I have a cage for a small dog (I do not have a dog yet ...LOL!!!), so I put the baby in this cage until he able to behave better!!!
    It works well for me and there is really very little conflict in my home...if you do not have a cage, you can just put the kitty in the washroom for a few minutes...whatever gives him/her a chance to be alone for a little while...my thoughts for what they are worth ...kind regards from Deborah in Montreal, Canada
    One cat just leads to another - Ernest Hemingway

I usually yell at them or separate them if I have to. Sometimes I have to lock Storm out of my room because he starts eating plastic things to get my attention. He'll open up my bathroom cabinets and find things wrapped in plastic and then start eating them. Then I let him back in and he sometimes hasn't learned anything so I have to lock him out again. My cats really seem like real kids sometimes.

IF they break something or being like children sometimes I will put Yum Yum and Duchess in their room. They have their own room.
    "Happiness Is Owning A Human!"

Visit Dutchess & Yum Yum's Website Pleassee:

http://pepeirce.tripod.com/thekittycorner

Re: The speeding cat

Originally posted by sasvermont
    I usually grab the bad kitty as he/she flies by when chasing the other.....
    I try to do that, too, and Tex seems to give plenty of body posturing as warning before he lunges after Georgie-Porgie. The screaming helps too, and Tex will stop mid attack, and change his direction. Of course, my screaming sends Georgie into hiding anyhow! Strangely enough, my screaming does nothing to the remaining three upstairs cats...they 'know' I am screaming at Tex for his playground bully behaviour. These are the only two I break up. When Alabama goes after Texas, I figure he has brought it on himself.

Yes, I did that once to our older cat who used to pick fights with the younger ones. She has been good now for over a year so no need to do it. My children do that with their children. Once when my grandson and grandaughter were visiting here he began to misbehave(can't remember what) and my granddaughter said, "He needs time out." The phrase was new to me, but the meaning clear.

Bell that kitty!

Once we had two kitties, one was 16 years old, the other was a very hyperactive kitten. We put a bell on the kitten so that at least the older cat could be aware of his presence when he started to lunge at her.

One time he was being such a pest towards her that I scooped him up and put him out the front door. Twenty seconds later I heard the thwap of the cat-door from the back of the house as he came running, full-tilt, back into the living room.

Every now and then one of my kitties will need a time out in their room. I had to put pumpkin in her room for a time out last night because she was picking on my abyssinian.
    When I say to people that my cats are my children, I mean it! They can be just a bad as kids!

When I say to people that my cats are my children, I mean it! They can be just a bad as kids!

eddie's mom used to say that he was like having a 'teenager covered with hair......'

Yes, I do a kitty time out from time to time, but it's called "kitty jail" and it usually only involves MooShoo, my Sphynx, who is a junk food kitty. He loves to beg, especially at mealtime. When his time out is up, I always find him sitting on the toilet cover. He doesn't seem to mind it. But does he learn from it?? Noooooooo!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!