Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In the Morning

In the Morning

What do your cats do in the morning when you are awake and getting ready for work (or school, etc.)?

Noah is always nearby, watching me get ready. He usually sits on the bathroom counter and "helps" me.

Noel is usually laying on the ground or table (shhhh, don't tell daddy! ) trying to catch some sun.

Basil is in a ball on the ground watching me get ready. It's so cute to look down and see that puff of fur staring back at me!

So, what do your kitties do?
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Depends on what kind of action was happening the night before. Tubby normally comes in to help me, and he used to sit on the counter too, but like I said in the other post, he can't jump that high anymore. Sometimes I pick him up and set him on the counter, but I found that he'll stay for a bit then jump down, and I don't want him jumping down from that height either, and he usually catches me off guard when he does it otherwise I'd set him down, just like I picked him up. But some nights there must have been some kind of action going on all night long, because then Tubby is sound asleep the whole time I getting ready. He'll usually get out of bed with me, but sometimes he'll just sleep in and won't move until around noon or so and Terry comes down from his office and is in the kitchen.

Peanut doesn't like the hair dryer or hair spray, so sometimes she'll come to the door and meow, but she is usually busy helping her daddy get ready. She knows he's good for more treats than I am.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

It depends on how active they were the night before. If Storm was up late, he'll sleep most of the morning but if not he'll watch me and sometimes meow for attention. Pepper will also sometimes sleep in the morning and if not he'll watch me from the bed or catnapper. Sunny will come up to me meowing for attention most of the morning. If Storm and Pepper are both sleeping then Sunny will really bug me for scritchies and tummy rubs. He gets very bored. When I'm using the toilet, Sunny heres me and comes running in for attention. Sometimes all three of them come running in, it looks so funny because the room isn't very big and becomes overcrowded quickly. What is it with cats wanting to be lovely while you're peeing? I guess it's because you're sitting at almost their level.

Every morning just before dawn, my menagerie begins to chase each other around the house especially when the perceive that I am awake, (and you can't fake them). When I finally get out of bed, all 12 of them are gathered around their feed pan, expecting that I should feed them first thing, even before I can wake up -before that 1st cup of coffee. But sometimes they win out and get fed first thing anyway.

............wayne

food !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maya will not leave me alone , untill she has gotten her breakfast !!!! Not really that much : a bit Friskies and a super hug !!! That is where the purring begins then !!!

Tilly follows me around until I head downstairs to feed her fishies, and Bassett sits at the top of the stairs waiting

Fisters habit

I usually get up later than Randi in the morning (!) and Fister is nearly always under the bed or wardrobe. He often doesn’t move when Randi gets up, but as soon as he hears me putting on my clothes - out he crawls, just under my legs. I wondered what it was that triggered him, I think now that it is the clinking noise my belt makes. He hops on the bed and immediately wants to start a long cuddle, but of course we need to get on with other things, so he sits for a while and sulks, then normally goes out into the living room and sits in the window. He won’t come out before I’m up, even if we call him. Sometimes, after that, he will just retire back under the wardrobe (especially if it's hot), and sleep there until late afternoon!
    He hasn’t tried to actually wake us up for a long time. Unless that is we’ve forgotten to give him food, then he will come up and crawl all over us purring away and tickling us with his whiskers at about 5 o’clock in the morning. Not appreciated!

John
    Last edited by Randi; 09-03-2002 at 07:10 AM.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Netherlands (where I'm from) & Germany (where I live)
    Our cats sleep in the livingroom. They are out all day and sleep through the night without making any problems. When I get up. it's usually Cookie who's in the livingroom first, getting all the headbumbies first.

Than, Cookie and I go outside since Cookie should go potty (usually ends up playing with her toys instead). Meanwhile I sit on the terrace and have the 2 hungry kitties meowing and twirling around my legs, demanding to be fed.

And that's what I do next: feed them. They look at the food, sniff at it, and go out for an hour or so. After that they return to eat their breakfast.

As soon as we get up they start meowing wanting fresh food!
    "Happiness Is Owning A Human!"

Visit Dutchess & Yum Yum's Website Pleassee:

http://pepeirce.tripod.com/thekittycorner

Former User Guest
    Well, our Casper dude is literally hanging on the fridge door, pointing out to us that he's about to starve and needs his food before anything else! My goodness if we dare to go to the bathroom first.... that meow concert is huge....

Kitty just goes and plays with something, she doesn't care about the food

Originally posted by Casper & Kitty
    Well, our Casper dude is literally hanging on the fridge door, pointing out to us that he's about to starve and needs his food before anything else! My goodness if we dare to go to the bathroom first.... that meow concert is huge....
    Kitty just goes and plays with something, she doesn't care about the food
    That's so funny Niina! I can totally picture Casper by the fridge!! Too cute!!

Our furballs don't really care about food, well...except for Baby Basil...if Noah and Noel ate his food during the morning, he'll cry and cry until we feed him.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

First Juni tries to keep us in bed as long as possible, but if we get up, she starts doing all of this together: meowing for food, showing me the fridge, running from the bedroom to the kitchen, then to the balcony and back again, bringing me some old toys forgotten in some weird places to play fetch with her. And you know what? Try not to play, she'll make so much noise and she'll ask so much for attention, that you'll have to do that, anyway, but with noise added. She really wakes me up, and although I live just 5 minutes from the office, I am always late or in hurry.
    Sometimes if I don't do what she wants, she'll bite gently, but unexpetedly my ancles or legs, not a good feeling, I must say.

In the morning

I can only sumise that you all have very strange cats! Mine are so normal in the morning....I wake up to no less than four sets of eyes staring at me, two usually from the dressers, one on the chair, one on the floor or hamper. Tex remains in the hall staring. Then, as soon as I throw back the comforter, they rush into the bathroom for drinks at the sink. I purchased a special pedestal sink- with an extra wide brim for seating. Two, at minimum, are perched waiting for the water to come on. Into the shower, and when I am done, I have to shoo cats away from the rug, cause they all lay there. Maybe it is like a sauna to them. I floss with one cat on my lap EVERY MORNING. She wants the floss in her mouth, too. I move around the herd, putting in contacts, on with the makeup. I use the powder brush on the girls, too. Then, we all race to the kitchen (I usually am in last place) and we start the morning dance for food...then my cats become more like your cats. But, don't any of yours hang out in the bathrooom with you?

Well, I allow Juni in the bathroom only when I have time to watch her (usually when I take a bubble bath - not in the mornings), otherwise she's trying to see under the door what's happening there. She meows a lot (all my neighbors know that I am taking a shower) if I make too much noise with the shower, so I have to keep the handle in my hand. But this is not why she is not allowed in the bathroom. Even if she went to her special place just before this, she will do it under the bathtub too.

Re: In the morning

Originally posted by Cataholic
    But, don't any of yours hang out in the bathrooom with you?
    Tubby will often hang out in the bathroom while I'm getting ready. He'll come in before I take a shower, then sit and have a sauna while I shower. By that time Terry is up, so Tubby will come and go between us until Terry gets in the shower (for some reason he shuts the cats out when he showers, must not want them looking at him or something ). Then Tubby is back by me. The bathroom is your typical 2nd bathroom with the tub/shower against one wall and the toilet and sink against another, with just enough room to turn around in. So Tubby will be sitting on the rug behind me, but he doesn't face me. He always makes sure that either his back or his tail are touching me - just to let me know he's there I guess, so I don't step backwards and step on him...which has happened already. That's enough to get us both jump started in the morning.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl