Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Tollers and Keira

The Tollers and Keira

Here are a bunch of pictures I took today. Most are of Spring, but there are a few of Dance and Keira as well. I hope you enjoy them!

More!

A few more...

That's all!

Very nice pics! It looks like Spring is fitting right in! Dance and Spring are both just gorgeous and Keira is as pretty as ever.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Great pics, as always! It's nice to see that Spring is fitting right in. How does her temperment compare to Dance's? Is she related somehow? Keira looks hilarious. All gangly and leggy like a teenager. I love it. She's so cute. One day I'll have mine. *sigh*

*Thanks Ashley*

Spring is entirely different from Dance, and nope, they're not related at all. She's much more serious, and very easy-going about everything. She's also very comfortable around people and other dogs by nature, which is great, as she certainly wasn't socialized as well as she could have been I don't think. She just walks up to anyone and flops herself into a lap, lol. On Sunday we went to Sue's to get all of their nails done, and there were a lot of dogs there (way more than usual) and she didn't care at all. She views everyone and everything as a friend. If a dog is being pushy and rude toward her, she just ignores them and continues on her way. Or just stands there moving her head from side to side hoping they'll leave her alone if she's boring enough. She walked into the dog park tonight with the same confidence as well, like she'd been going there forever (and in reality, she's probably never been to one).

She's very laid back and not at all excitable. She's energetic and active when warranted, but around the house she's just laid back and happy. Training her is proving to be a little difficult as she's a very soft, sensitive dog and I'm not used to that, but she's very intelligent and likes to please, so that's good. She's a little unsure of herself in the house, and doesn't really know what she's allowed to do and what she's not, but that'll come. She has a few quirks, like she doesn't like it when you grab her collar (to take it off, or to lead her somewhere). Not sure what that's about. She also won't go in the back yard by herself, and it's an effort to get her out the door sometimes... which is kind of weird. Yet once she's out there she's as happy as can be. Overall though, she's a really great pup.

Both Dance and Spring are such beautiful dogs. If I would ever get a dog other than from a shelter or rescue, I think it would be a Toller after seeing your beautiful ones. I love seeing pictures of them so don't hesitate adding more. Keira looks like she is having a lot of fun running and playing!

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

You know, I have to echo some statements. I had only known about Tollers through my dog breed books. They look like fabulous dogs. I've toyed with the idea of maybe having one in the family one day. I am open to all education regarding them.

All your dogs are drop-dead gorgeous! Congrats on Spring. She's a real gem for sure. Tolers sure remind me of my RB boy, Graham. I love how deep auburn Spring's coat is. Looks so earthy and gorgeous. She looks and sounds like a perfect match

Wow, her red color just makes me stare! She is gorgeous. They are all gorgeous. I love seeing pictures of your babies and now we get an extra one Yay. She is fitting in so nicely.
    ~Traci, Duke, Champ, Chopper and Ryleigh

On occasion I have been know to speak Chopperese.

Oh my my that second pic of the two babies is just priceless.. Just Love All these babies.. Great pics thanks

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Uh-oh, I think it may be time to change my background.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangutango View Post
    She has a few quirks, like she doesn't like it when you grab her collar (to take it off, or to lead her somewhere). Not sure what that's about. She also won't go in the back yard by herself, and it's an effort to get her out the door sometimes... which is kind of weird. Yet once she's out there she's as happy as can be. Overall though, she's a really great pup.

You might want to teach her as you would a command. Hannah had resisted my even reaching down to pet her so I taught it as *let me touch you* with a reward. It really worked. Actually it amounts to my asking her permission to pet her, but once she has that notice and understood I am able to pet her.

As far as not wanting to go out by herself, I have that situation with Tucker. Most of the time I just make Hannah go out with him whenever I want him to go. Not as easy as it sounds as Hannah is a late sleeper and Tucker gets up early. I've had Tucker for 9 years and it still is an *issue* nine out of ten times.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

I cannot get over how adorable Dance and Spring are together! : ) They are the cutest pair, ever. I'm so glad she's there to stay!

When did Keira become so stunning and mature? You got some awesome action shots of all of them, Keira in particular.

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

Quote Originally Posted by WELOVESPUPPIES View Post
    They are all gorgeous. I love seeing pictures of your babies and now we get an extra one
    Agree 100%!

Quote Originally Posted by Lvpets2002
    Oh my my that second pic of the two babies is just priceless..
    Agree 100% again! Devan, all three of your dogs are precious! I've enjoyed learning about the Toller breed from you and your dogs -- Welcome, Spring!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678