Today I replaced my 18 year old dryer because I was dumb enough to flick the circuit breaker when the dryer wouldn't start. Poof! Sparks and smoke. I blew up my dryer. Someone had been peeing on the dryer and I would clean it up with a vinegar/water solution spray followed by Nature's Miracle, Stink Free or Dumb Cat (which of course did not stop the problem). This time I must have gone too far, or there was just too much urine and the dryer figured out not to start because it got wet. Duh.

Anyway. When I told the delivery person why I was replacing the dryer he said, "Oh, yeah. We've had that before." Hmmmm. Has anyone else ever heard of or had this problem? Looking at the back of the dyer, there was one long rust strip, which makes me think "someone" would sit on the control panel and pee over the side, and maybe sometime to the front.

My plan with the new dryer is that if it happens even once, I'll cover it with plastic and cover the plastic with a blanket when not in use. I'm hoping that the new dryer will have absolutely no urine smell and a new smell altogether, breaking the chain of behavior. (yeah, right...I'm really going to outsmart a cat!)