Thread: Motion sickness during car trips :(

Motion sickness during car trips :(

xx
    Last edited by All Creatures Great And Small; 12-11-2012 at 12:32 PM.
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

Ask your vet about a mild tranny - not sure, but I think a dose of Gravol can be used as well. But ask your vet first!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    It is a 2-hr trip to our cabin in the mountains. Kuhio would always get car sick unless we stopped halfway and rested. We'd pull over to the side and park and look at the view while her tummy settled down.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

They might feel less anxious if they were in a carrier. And safer, too, in case of a sudden stop.

When we took our 9 cats to Cape Cod(a 6-8 hour ride depending on the traffic), the cats did not eat breakfast the morning of the trip. They were all in their own carrier. Spunky was the only one that got car sick. I use to give him Ginger and a homeopathic remedy(I cannot recall now. Will look it up and post again). A few trips, I put the harness and leash on Spunky, and put a towel on my lap, and let Spunky sleep on my lap. He was not allowed to roam the mini-van. I also had a litterbox available, just in case Spunky needed to use the box(and he did). Never had to use drugs...Good luck and happy travels!!!
    Nine is Fine!!

THE ONE THING THAT WE HAVE DONE FOR JUKE JOINT JOSEPH IS TO NOT FEED HIM BEFORE HE GOES TO THE VETS AS HES BEEN ILL THE LAST FEW VET VISITS.
    AND WE PUT IN NEWSPAPER AS HE WILL HAVE HIS ACCIDENTS.
    GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR TRAVELLING COMPANEROS.

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I am so sorry!!! I have gone thru all my notes on the cats, and cannot find what the homeopathic remedy I used for motion sickness.....
    Nine is Fine!!

xx
    Last edited by All Creatures Great And Small; 12-11-2012 at 12:32 PM.
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope