Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Puddy

Puddy

I can't say any more right now. I'm too sick w/grief.

ETA: I brought Puddy home when she was 5 weeks old. She had a metal splint on her leg because she was born w/her left hind leg sticking out like a wing. Her mother rejected her, so her human family bottle fed her. Their vet suggested amputating Puddy's leg but they didn't want to do that so he put the metal splint on it, causing her to drag her leg behind her as she walked. After a brief time, the family realized that it was going to be too much work to take care of her and decided to have her put to sleep. My son's girlfriend at that time heard about her and said "Please don't do anything yet! My boyfriend's mom rescues cats. Let me talk to her about this". I took one look at her, picked her up and said "What about it? Wanna come home w/me?" and she hissed at me. That clinched the deal. I love cats w/"catitude" and she was loaded w/it. I wanted to bring her little orange brother home, too, because he was busily chewing on my shoe while I was holding her but I knew that I was going to be in enough trouble w/my husband just for adding one more cat to the household, bringing the total to 4 at that time.

On the way home I tried to think of what I could do to soften up my husband and then it came to me: as soon as I get out of the car, I should hold her up in front of my face, leg in the splint hanging down, both of us looking pathetic. It worked. My husband took one look and said "Oh, poor little sweety". I knew we had him. He said "What should we name her?" and I said "I already named her Puddy, as in 'I tot I taw a Puddy Tat'. "Perfect!" he said.

I had to keep her isolated until her tests revealed that it was ok to be around the rest of the Fur Posse and so she had the run of the downstairs to herself. When she was finally allowed to be around the others, I knew that sweet Pidgie would be the one to introduce her to first. Rambunctious little Puddy ran over to Pidge and head butted her, hissing and spitting and carrying on. Calm as can be, Pidge put her gigantic paw on Puddy's head and held it to the floor, Puddy hissing and paws flying until she tuckered out. Pidge never took her paw off Puddy's head until she calmed down. They were good buddies after that. Peeka and Boo were easy. Puddy had them buffaloed from the getgo. Coco Puff was Puddy's horsefly, always bothering her. Yodie wisely kept her distance. Specs was scared to death of her. But Creamsicle...little Cgirl loved Puddy and Puddy loved her, too. She's the only one that she would snuggle up to and allow to groom her. I know that Cgirl will miss her buddy Puddy.

Shortly thereafter my vet, Dr. LeBeau, said "Let's take a look at this leg". He removed the cast and saw that the metal splint had rubbed an ulcer clear down to the bone. He treated it and said "I don't think this is going to work. You should just leave the splint off. She'll walk w/a limp. Can you live w/that?" I said "If she can live w/it, I can live w/it. You don't have to be perfect to live in my house". My husband said that she walked like John Wayne and he affectionately called her Jane Wayne after that. From then on Puddy led a pampered life w/the Fur Posse, in her later years developing chronic renal failure, going on subcutaneous fluids off and on until her passing today.

She was the toughest cat I've ever known and my current vet, Dr. Lee, said he's never had a patient like her, who came back even stronger after every health challenge, until today, that is. Some people misunderstood Puddy and called her "mean", I guess because she hissed a lot. HA! That was her way of letting us all know who was boss. I'll miss my Shnorkey so much. My life will never be the same. This house now has a huge void. I wish I could hold her tiny little 5 lb. furry body up to my face just one more time, look into those fiery eyes and tell her "You're my most favoritest kitty kat in the whole wide world ever ever ever". And hear her hiss and I would laugh. Not today. Not ever again. Take a nice long rest my little Calico Queen. Then look for Peeka there; she's waiting for you. And please wait for me when my time comes. Until then, I'll miss you and I'm still counting on you to "watch the house for Mommy" from the spirit world. I know you can do it. You're Puddy.
    Last edited by Medusa; 09-29-2008 at 09:47 PM.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I am so very, very sorry. Hugs for you.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Oh Mary!!

I am so sorry. I know you are absolutely heartbroken. Please know you did everything you could and your sweet Puddy knows it.

Rest in Peace dear Puddy.

From Decker with Love

I am so sorry. Major LES here right now.

RIP Puddy
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I am in complete shock. I've been gone all day and was actually thinking about getting home and reading about how Puddy was doing on my drive through town. I just read the other thread and the update from this morning. Please take comfort in knowing that you did absolutely everything you could for that sweetheart. We're all here for you when you feel like you can share what happened with us.

Mary I am praying for you right this minute. There are not words that will help and sorry seems contrite, but my heart truly is aching for you right now. May God grant you peace as he has granted Puddy.
    Heaven is the place of final and complete happinees God has prepared for us----and if animals are necessary to make us happy in heaven, then you can be sure God will have them there. Reverend Billy Graham

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Rest in peace dear Puddy, and may God bring peace to your wonderful Mom.

Oh god, Mary, I am so sorry to be reading this. I wish I knew what to say to make you feel better.

Sweet Puddy girl, rest now, and watch over your meowmy, know that she is in terrible shock and grief. Know that you are now well, and whole, and that all of us on Pet Talk will be thinking of you and your family tonight and wishing you all peace.

Godspeed to the Bridge, dear sweet girl.

((((HUGS))))) to you Mary.

My heart goes out to you. No matter how many times it's always hard. Know that you did your best for Puddy and Puddy loves you for that.

Rest In Peace and Godspeed Puddy.
    lots of love and hugs to Mary.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

I'm so very sorry.

Puddy is now at peace - at The Bridge.

{{{{Mary}}}}

Tribute to Puddy

Puddy you were a very brave little girl, you fought hard to the end, and as much as you loved Mary, you just knew it was time to go, mary is lost without you and i hope that you can let her know that you are happy and having fun at the Rainbow Bridge. RIP little trooper,loved by many here on PT you will be sadly missed.

Heaps of HUGS Mary.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Rest in Peace

Mary, it was her time.

((((((((((((((((((Mary)))))))))))))))

Unhappy

Oh, Mary, I am so sorry. {{{hugs}}}

So sorry to hear about sweet Puddy.
    Rest in peace, sweetheart. {{{hugs}}}
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa