Thread: Encounter with a...FROG

Encounter with a...FROG

OK, so maybe I am just a "girl" and "boys" like nasty little things like slugs and snakes and such, but this was just TOO much! Tonight after dinner, I took Mister Malone out on a leash to go do business. He saw a little tiny frog, and was instantly captivated. I had to DRAG him away, and after a while took him back inside. Even though he just went, he just begged & begged to back out--to find the frog.

So like half an hour later, we went for a walk down the nature trail right next to our house. We were busy this evening, so it was quite a bit later than usual when we went, and on the way back it was getting quite dusky (hard to see), especially where the trees are overhead. Anyhoo, I hear him slobbering over something (I immediately thought rocks) and bent over to pry his mouth open and out plopped this *HUGE* frog--like 5" wide. And the worst part, was he really DIDN'T want to give it up!!!! I really grossed out when it seemed that he was still chomping on something (a leg??) but we couldn't get it away. He was really foaming at the mouth, and I just hope that he doesn't get sick or something. Poor, poor Frog!!!

Poor froggy! Our St. Bernard Freckles used to go "frogging" in neighborhood swamps when she "escaped" the yard. She didn't understand why she wasn't welcome at the muffin shop after slogging through swamps, but at least they called us to let us know where she was!

Watch out for the frogs!

If I remember right frogs secrete a poison--that's why dogs foam after they "mouth" one. I don't know how potent/powerful the poison is--but better safe than sorry!

(PS Our dog has a fascination with them too! )

Sadie May my yellow lab hunts frogs. Me and my freind used to ctach frogs and we would bring sadie along. After awile she got the hang of it and began to look for them. When she saw when she would whine intently and stare at it, kindal ike a pointer, kinda. She was good to. She never ate one but she always got alot of praise and the occasional biscut!
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

EWWWW! Hey I actually really like frogs, but I would NOT want to pull one out of a dogs mouth! Bleh! Poor frog!! Twice now I've pulled dog poop out of Nebo's mouth. So nasty! He's done it while walking late at night, so I didn't know it was poop! He doesnt' like eat his own or anything...at least he better not start!

I love to catch frogs and we get those really cute ones that sun on the banks of the creek next to my apartment. Trouble is, it's hard to catch them since Kia spooks them. She just loves making them jump into the water, THEN she tries to catch them by sticking her head underwater. I need a picture of that.....

I think Toads are more poisoness than frogs...
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

You think that's bad... Odie somehow got a hold of a bird in the backyard. He came running in the house and I thought he looked kinda funny -- made my husband search his mouth (which he was really fighting) and he pryed those jaws open there was a half chewed BIRD!!! EWWWWWWWWWW! He would NOT let it go either, so we kicked him back out the door. He just stood there by the glass door looking at us, but refusing to drop the bird. He'd squash it as far into his mouth as he could and close his jaws, thinking we couldn't tell with that goofy look that something was in there.

Finally he either ate it, buried it, or got rid of it somehow. I was SO disgusted!!!

Poor little kermit, I would hate to be the one to pull the froggy out, yuck!