Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back problems - again! (MRI update #11)

Back problems - again! (MRI update #11)

Well, here we go again.

When I was leaning forward to my laundry basket last Friday, there was suddenly this pain my lower back - and it's getting worse ever since! Meanwhile, it's hard for me to do my housework, or to care for my cats. I have just started my re-entry to work two weeks ago, and already had to cancel it again, for the time being. I'm in terrible pain, and this pain is familiar to me from the time before my back surgery back in 2004.

Luckily I have an MRI scanning on Monday, and I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be another herniated disk. Really, I already see myself ending up with another back surgery, but that would be better than dealing with this pain any longer.

It's too frustrating! I just had the feeling things are finally going back to normal, and now I have to face this new challenge! And this time, it's a really painful challenge!!!

Kirsten
    Last edited by Kirsten; 09-29-2008 at 11:50 AM.

How totally frustrating!

Kirsten, if the MRI does show something and you DO need more surgery, I am thinking that the techniques have improved a lot since your first surgery.

Praying that this is just a HUGE bump in the road on your journey to everything being normal life again.

You'll get there! {{{hugs}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Kirsten!!! Mega prayers that you will be alright and the pain will lessen...May the girls be good nurses for you....
    Nine is Fine!!

Thank you, Candace and Sandra!

Even the surgery four years ago wasn't too bad, so I do not fear a second one...

And my girls are the most wonderful nurses you can imagine!

Kirsten

Oh, Kirsten, Pittsburgh {{{{HUGS}}}} and prayers that you'll get over this latest hurdle. I know what you're going through, especially with all of MY ailments!

Oh no, poor Kirsten.... Backpain is so very tough, I know what you are going through... . I hope it all turns out well for you; I will keep my fingers crossed for you!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Oh, Kirsten! Not again.. I'm glad you are having this checked out on Monday and are ready to have more surgery if necessary.

Prayers and hugs are being sent from us.

I'm sorry to hear that you may face more surgery. I hope the tests
    prove it can be easily treated this time. I'm having a MRI tomorrow myself,
    so lets wish each other the best of luck.

I've had back problems from time to time, and I know how much it pretty
    much puts you out of action. Back pain is awful.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Thank you very much everyone! And best wishes to those here who are dealing with the same - or even worse!

I'm feeling a bit better atm, something in my back seemed to "snap" and the worst discomfort was gone... but the pain is still there, so I can't wait to have my MRI done to find out what's wrong. I'll keep you updated.

Kirsten

Man O Man! I'm right there with you, girl! I had a beautiful pain free year after my 2 back surgeries but now need at least 2 more! Chronic pain is NO fun, and I'm with you..it's not as bad as everyone thinks, just inconvenient. I hope the doctor's can help relieve your pain. Good Luck!

I've been Boooo'd!

Quote Originally Posted by K9karen View Post
    I had a beautiful pain free year after my 2 back surgeries but now need at least 2 more! Chronic pain is NO fun, and I'm with you..it's not as bad as everyone thinks, just inconvenient.
    I'm really sorry!! No fun at all to know that these surgeries are ahead of you! Hope you'll be well!!

I'm just coming back from my MRI. Well, the good news is: no big disk hernias this time; but two very small ones at a very early state. The radiologist wasn't sure if they're causing my problems. Like the neurosurgeon I saw last month, he also mentioned problems with the facet joints as a possible cause, so it's most likely that.

Will go to see that neurosurgeon again next week, so I guess he will dicuss further options with me.

Kirsten

Well, that's one answer for you... next step is to see what the neurosurgeon advises next week. One step at a time..

You are doing great, Kirsten, since the last time you got hit hard with back problems!

Yes, I'm more than relieved that it's not another herniated disk this time, and all in all, my back is much better compared to the years 2003, and especially 2004 when I had my surgery.

But I hope the neurosurgeon will come up with a solution for my current back problems, as it's really annoying. AND I need to be able to go back to work!

Kirsten

Please keep us posted. My kitties and I are sending lots of prayers and warm feelings and healing vibrations!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post

But I hope the neurosurgeon will come up with a solution for my current back problems, as it's really annoying. AND I need to be able to go back to work!

Kirsten

Great health report. I'm glad it wasn't more of a problem.

Have you ever used acupuncture for your back pain? I know some people
    who swear by it for relieving pain.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt