Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For all pet owners...

For all pet owners...

Here's a question for all you pet owners- - -

Your pet is dangerously ill. How much are you willing to pay for your pet to be treated at the animal hospital? Gimmie lotsa answers all u quiet ones out there i wanna do a survey!

since i am only a kid i dont really have a say it that. when i grow up if i have enough money i will pay all the costs, even if its just for a cat! no offense you cat lovers! please choose one of the following....

(A). no more than $500
    (B). no more than $1000
    (C). any amount over $1000... I would do anything!

C for me!

thanx-
    meg

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

"C" for me also. The determination to stop any treatment would not be made by the cost, it would be made by the determination of quality of life. I would not continue to treat if the animal would live a life of pain. Other than that, though, there would be no end to what I would do. If it were Tubby or Peanut I would gladly spend years paying off a credit card bill to keep them healthy.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Actually...

My parents (not huge animal lovers) answered "C" much to their surprise, when I was around ten years old. Our dog had a rare blood disorder (which we strongly suspect was brought on by our neighbor's poison attempts) which required regular and expensive treatments and surgeries. One night, Smokey had a horrible attack, and my father drove three hours at 2am in the morning to take him to the closest animal hospital open at the time. He drove him to that hospital on at least two other occasions, and paid a phenomenal amount of money (despite us not being particularly wealthy) to keep that dog with us. My parents always left the choice up to us kids as to what Smokey's fate would be, telling us that they would do whatever they could to support it. Ultimately, I made the decision and convinced my brothers that Smokey was in too much pain and that we had to let go, for his sake. We gathered around and took turns petting him, crying and laughing about all the great times we'd had with him.

I think my parents had a remarkable insight into that whole situation. They really allowed us to work through it on our own terms and were truly responsible pet owners (and great parents). If that were to happen again, with me as the adult, I would do everything I could, and not thinking about the money as much as the effectiveness of the treatment, quality of life, etc.

C

Before I got Chewy I asked my parents if they would pay a vet bill if chewy got hit by a car had 2 fractured rids a broken leg and a hospital stay for 4 days all adding up to 4 thousand doallrs (I dunno if thats right but you get the idea) they said they would. I didn't want to get a dog if my paretns were not going to be willing to pay the vet bill if something went wrong. I knwo this isn't alot but every week 8 doallrs gets put into a bank acount of mine. (my dad ptus it in there). The money will not be spent unless one of the pets needs it for a bill. I started it in the middle of last year, when I found out I would be getting a dog. I odn't have alot in there but it is some money .

Ash

ps: This isn't alot of money but we payed 30 dollars for a vet apointment for hope. Which to my mom is just a 5 dollar rat.
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
    "C" for me also. The determination to stop any treatment would not be made by the cost, it would be made by the determination of quality of life. I would not continue to treat if the animal would live a life of pain. Other than that, though, there would be no end to what I would do. If it were Tubby or Peanut I would gladly spend years paying off a credit card bill to keep them healthy.
    Couldn't say it better myself

C.

I have to agree with Tubby & Peanut's Mom. It's not a matter of cost, but quality of life, and how much they suffer. It's not how much it costs, but how much they suffer!! If treatment works, then it is sooo worth it!!

C for me too. Anything for my babies.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

c for me too!

I think it would be a C, depending on the quality of life.

Vi Co Bi's cat, Chrystal, that had to stay with her ex, was put to sleep this past weekend. I am leaving talking about details to her, if she is up to it.
    Scott is owned by 5 cats: Jackson, Fluffy, Twidgit, Ashton, Lexi;
    and 3 dogs: Eli, Sassee, Ginger

Fuzzy317's Pictures

We chose 'C' about six months ago for Mini and are still paying off the visa card. But we don't care; every time we walk in the door and see how happy and healthy he looks now, it doesn't matter how long it takes to pay back. Money can always be earned and repaid in the future, but a life is unique.

But I'd consider all options if a cat was in constant pain or if there were other quality of life issues.

I'm sorry to hear about Vi Co Bi's cat.
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

If my cat would have a good chance of living a healthy happy life after treatment I would do anything!

But....I really don't think any amount of money can express how much someone loves their pet. It's not really fair to people with very limited resources to say 'you don't really care about your animals because you can't pay for treatment'.

We should all consider ourselves lucky to know that we will allways find a way through credit cards or friends and family helping out, it's not like that in some other parts of the world!

C for me too. While I really don't have any money, I would get them any way I had to if my family's (pet or human) life depended on it. I'd borrow money, I'd rob a bank... Whatever it would take.

Please sign my guestbook if you have the time

Former User Guest
    My answer is D, it depends. As I don't have work, I can't decide that now we use all the money for this and that. I'd love to answer C, but I can't really go on and spend money I don't have and never will have

Depending on the quality of life, my answer would be C.