Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: German Shepherd mix found on street in Queens

Of course I'd be thrilled to learn that Tawny went to a loving home. But I was so excited to read that your friend was adopting him. Anxiously awaiting an update. Bless you dear Tawny. I hope you are in loving and caring arms at this moment.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Huh! It did seem to happen awfully quickly. But the most important thing is that Tawny got a home

Let us know what happened, if you can.
    Recently a GSD bb member put in to adopt a gorgeous bi-color GSD (that I really liked, too) from a shelter and the dog was snatched up by a tech at the shelter who adopted him. So it is possible that someone at the shelter liked him and adopted him before your friend could get to him.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

You might try Bobbi and the Strays. She's located in Brooklyn and she is a no kill, but strictly with fosters. She and her volunteers have feeding stations at Laguardia to feed the pack of stray, feral dogs.

Her number is 718-845-0779 and her address is P.O. Box 170129 Ozone Park, NY 11417

the web page is: http://bobbicares.petfinder.org

her email is [email protected]

Good luck!!

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Well, it is true. Someone came in and filled out the adoption papers yesterday and said they were adopting him. CACC is neutering him and then the person will come and get him.

I'm really happy about it, but New Yorkers For Companion Animals said it was very coincidental. Also, CACC hadn't yet done his temperment assesment, which is a little strange. But then again, maybe they could tell he's sweet, and are just assuming the assesment will be fine. The woman from the CACC who gave me the news is someone I've been talking to every day and she seems pretty nice. The woman from New Yorkers for Companion Animals also has dealt with her, and doesn't think she would lie. But I need to follow up and make sure the person actually goes and gets him. If not, my friend will adopt him.

I'm so sorry that I brought this poor dog to a place that everyone is telling me horror stories about. I had no idea. I'm still a little nervous, but am cautiously optimistic.

One good thing is, while my friend wanted to adopt Tawny, it just kind of fell in her lap, and would have been a bit of a hardship for her. But the person that went in to adopt him yesterday, actually sought him out.

I've grown so attached to him and I pray he winds up in a safe and happy home.
    Tania, Mugsy's Mom
    English/American Bulldog

Well, it is true. Someone came in and filled out the adoption papers yesterday and said they were adopting him. CACC is neutering him and then the person will come and get him.

I'm really happy about it, but New Yorkers For Companion Animals said it was very coincidental. Also, CACC hadn't yet done his temperment assesment, which is a little strange. But then again, maybe they could tell he's sweet, and are just assuming the assesment will be fine. The woman from the CACC who gave me the news is someone I've been talking to every day and she seems pretty nice. The woman from New Yorkers for Companion Animals also has dealt with her, and doesn't think she would lie. But I need to follow up and make sure the person actually goes and gets him. If not, my friend will adopt him.

I'm so sorry that I brought this poor dog to a place that everyone is telling me horror stories about. I had no idea. I'm still a little nervous, but am cautiously optimistic.

One good thing is, while my friend wanted to adopt Tawny, it just kind of fell in her lap, and would have been a bit of a hardship for her. But the person that went in to adopt him yesterday, actually sought him out.

I've grown so attached to him and I pray he winds up in a safe and happy home.
    Tania, Mugsy's Mom
    English/American Bulldog

I am just so very happy that he is out of that kill shelter!! I hope he has a loving forever home now!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Oh what a precious little face.

Hello again,
    Just a quick update-good news. The nice woman for New Yorkers for Companion Animals talked to the Exec Dir of CACC, who confirmed that a real person went in and filled out adoption papers on Tawny. (I was a little afraid that maybe they were just placating us.) Now she still has to go get him, pay the fee etc, but I am listed as a back-up just in case.

Also, she found out that they did Tawny's evaluation and he's a 2. 1 is best, but 1, 2, or 3 are allowed to be adopted. 2 just means that the animal needs a little bit of work, probably that he's shy, or "nervous," needs some training etc.

Things are looking up!
    Tania, Mugsy's Mom
    English/American Bulldog

Good!! Woohoo!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

You, yes, you saved a life. Remember that whenever you think anything bad about yourself. I looked at that photo, and fell for Tawny in a heartbeat, so quickly read the rest of the thread to make sure he was safe! You are wonderful, and a blessing to Tawny and the people who will adopt him!

YEAH!!!! Way to go Mugsylove!!

THANKS EVERYBODY. YOU GUYS ARE GREAT. I'VE LEARNED A LOT. I TOLD ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I SENT THE ORIG. EMAIL TO, TO NEVER BRING AN ANIMAL TO THE CACC. GO TO A LOCAL RESCUE GROUP OR NO KILL SHELTER INSTEAD. And guess what. Another friend who had forwarded the email, knows a couple of other people who are interested in Tawny too, just in case.
    Tania, Mugsy's Mom
    English/American Bulldog

You know what they say...when it rains it pours.