Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Netflix?

I have Netflix and it works very well for me. I have never had a problem. I don't watch movies except for perhaps one on the weekend so I just have a 1-at-a-time plan. When I'm done I mail it in and the next day the receive it and mail the next out, which I receive the day after that. Considering it would be at least a 40-minute round trip to drive somewhere to rent one and then another to return it, it works out well for me. I've seen more movies since I joined than I have in a couple years. They have various plans available to meet the demands of people's movie-watching habits. I personally think if you're the type who needs a movie every night, the $10 plan is not the right plan for you. And really I wouldn't think a person could expect 30 or so movies a month and expect to only pay $10. Just my opinion.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio98 View Post
    I signed up with Blockbuster instead. I get 1 movie at a time. Up to 2 a month. We live in Alaska, so we never get it overnight. BUT, instead of mailing it back, you can drop it off at a Blockbuster store and get 1 FREE movie.

So, for $10, we get 2 movies mailed to us, and 2 free ones from the store.

It took me a while to figure out that even though I get 1 movie at a time -- I only get 2 a month. So, if you've received 2 already that month, you'll wait a week or 2 before they mail the next one out to you.

If you have Blockbuster in your area, it might be worth switching.
    I, also, had a trial with Blockbuster. Like the service a lot. I've considered switching and may just do that. All in all, Netflix isn't a bad service. I just wished it was a tad more frequent.

Quote Originally Posted by K9soul View Post
    I have Netflix and it works very well for me. I have never had a problem. I don't watch movies except for perhaps one on the weekend so I just have a 1-at-a-time plan. When I'm done I mail it in and the next day the receive it and mail the next out, which I receive the day after that. Considering it would be at least a 40-minute round trip to drive somewhere to rent one and then another to return it, it works out well for me. I've seen more movies since I joined than I have in a couple years. They have various plans available to meet the demands of people's movie-watching habits. I personally think if you're the type who needs a movie every night, the $10 plan is not the right plan for you. And really I wouldn't think a person could expect 30 or so movies a month and expect to only pay $10. Just my opinion.
    I don't expect a movie every day of the week. Being an unemployed, but actively seeking work, college student, I do like to watch movies in my down time. Money is, also, a precious commodity. I just don't feel that it's a great convenience if I pay more to go through them and get three movies over the course of one month. I could just walk over to Blockbuster and get a better deal.

Thanks everyone for your input. I appreciate it.

I agree, Netflix isn't that bad of a service. I just wish it was a little more frequent, you know? I don't usually have money to splurge and Netflix is definitely mine. I just hoped to get a little more "bang for my buck" as it were.

Wenis, I hope it didn't seem like I was speaking to you specifically (realize it might have seemed that way), I was just speaking in general. Sounds like Blockbuster might be more convenient for you since you live close to one.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Why not check movies out from the local library? They're free, and usually have a time limit of a whole two weeks before it has to be returned. Our library usually limits movies checked out to 4 at a time, I'm sure each library varies.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022