Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just a fun one - Dog Noises

It's more of a deep, throaty bark. More often, he whines a high pitched sound that's really annoying.

Niņo & Eliza

My Brit goes ARF! ARF! Like a cartoon dog. Friends say they can just picture the ARF bubble over her head when she barks, lol.

Honey (Golden Retriever) just barks. But those barks are different, depending on what is happening. For instance, I can tell when a golfer has hit a bad shot and is close to our fence, or when there is a bunny just beyond her reach outside of the fence. And then there is the "Where's my breakfast/dinner?" bark.

Ben (Golden Retriever) is also a barker. But he does do a whining thing when he wants to be where we are and is blocked by a gate. Rarely does he bark at anything else. He just wants to get our attention!

Baby Mack (English Bulldog) has a series of barks and grumbles, depending on what he wants. He especially seems to bark in response to our neighbor when he cranks up his lawnmower. He has never gotten used to that! The grumbling starts when he is ready to come inside or if he sees one of the others getting attention through the sliding glass door. That is the funniest sound I have ever heard! LOL!!

I have to say my favorite is the AROOOOOs of the huskies and the saint bernard that requests me at work... his is the BOOF bark... love it!

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

Mini has a big "Arf Arf", not very feminine or little dog like at all.

Jackie Loo goes "Arrooooroo". And then he looses his voice.

Micki says "Ruff Ruff" but it's fairly high pitched. But mostly he just growls. At everything.

And Baby Ky does the "eiyiyiyyiyiy". Extremely annoying.

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Quote Originally Posted by k9krazee View Post

And Baby Ky does the "eiyiyiyyiyiy".
    Extremely annoying.

"Annoying", but you sure know who's talkin!

Sorta like my MiniMutt - high pitched enough to 'get your attention'!

Sassy had this bark that sounded like a duck. It was "ruuuah" kind of xD It was weird, when we'd go pick her up at the groomer's you'd hear normal barks and then you'd hear the duck talking.

Star is a ra-wooooo-er. Jack sounds like ...well, Jack.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by cyber-sibes; 09-24-2008 at 12:03 PM.

I can't really describe Zoee's bark. But it is different with the separate occasions.

I watched the last few minutes of Opportunity Knocks last night (a new game show) and they asked a young girl if she could identify her dogs bark from three clips of dog barks. Bruce said - you could do that, no problem. The girl got it right. She had a daschund, possibly a mix.

Do you think you can identify your dogs bark?
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Ellie has a few different noises-

When someone is driving down the street, it's more of a ROOFFF!!! ROOFFF!!! (about 72 times)

When I have a treat in my hands and she sometimes get a little impatient, and has a very high-pitched kind of bark. Can't think of a word to explain that one.

"To err is human; to forgive, canine."
    -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    Oh definitely! Sometimes when all of the dogs are in the backyard I'll only yell at the ones barking to stop, surprisingly enough it's extremely easy to tell. Or I'll be inside and hear one of them barking and I know exactly who the culprit is.

Not only can I identify Jack's bark, but I'm pretty sure anybody that has met him could pick it out too. In fact, we go to the dog park and people hear Jack first, then look around for him (or me).

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Happy give a low "arooowooowooo" when she wants something, lets out a heaving sigh and a long groan when she is bored, slaps you in the face and gives a sharp bark if gosh darn it nobody is throwing her toy, and when she is exited she lets out a big arrrooooooooooo!!

Misty is either quiet or barks very loud high pitched "RUH..RUH..RUH..RUH"

Electra is generaly quiet..exept when she is exited then she runs around like a maniac screaming at the top of her lungs..my mom desribes the sound as "she sounds like she is being hung from the ceiling by her toenail" she she barks at the one naighbores(only the naibores on one side, she never barks at passerbyes or the other naighbores) in watch case her bark is load, slow and low "woofs"

Rusty barks all the time, I loud high pitched fast "ruff,ruff,ruff,ruff..." then he makes lot of moaning and groaning noises when he is annoyed, and these cute little grrrrrrr sounds when he wants to bark but is wearing the bark collar lol

yup, I can be a block away and tell you exactly which of my dogs are outside based on the barks alone.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Dance doesn't bark unless she's startled/scared of something, and the noise she makes for that is a very high pitched, horrible "Woo woo woooo" sound. If she's happy to see someone, she has a low "Roo woo roo". I don't know if I've ever heard a regular bark out of her, actually. She either does one of the above, or she growls quietly if she's unsure.