Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: McCain/Palin ???

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens

McCain/Palin ???

Somehow I have the feeling that McCain cooked his own goose and gave the presidency to Obama. When I heard who he picked as his running mate, I said "WHO??" Of course I will check this gal out further before I make my final decision but I sure would like to ask Mccain "what were you thinking???" Anybody have the same thoughts here?

Palin:
    - 44 year old mom
    - won Miss Wasilla beauty pageant
    - majored in journalism; was a sports reporter
    - rose from mayor to governor in the past 8 years

Hmm...and this is coming from a campaign that has been consistently and fervently attacking Obama's readiness to lead the country and his lack of national experience.

I'm sorry, but, imo, this is obviously a move to gain Hillary's feminists who have been put off by the Biden ticket. And it is a cheap cheap shot. Not to mention Palin is staunchly pro-life. I doubt the ultra-feminist types are going to fall for that...

McCain is old and has battled melanoma. Chances aren't low that Palin might have to assume the Presidency. I don't know about you, but that scares me.

Disclaimer: Obviously, I'm liberal and lean heavily towards Obama.

I loved Palin for doing the Monty Python stuff.

-----------------------

Here's my thing about who get's elected.

I look at the presdential office as the guy who drives a bus.

We are along for the ride.

So, I would rather have some old guy that will get us to where we are going before we crash and burn, and maybe the 'back up 'driver can save us before that happens?

On the other hand, why have some rookie come on board for on the job training while some old dude gives him directions from the back seat?

Neither has given me any real answers about what they will do to improve the state of the union.

BO isn't an ordinary politician. He's a used car salesman.
    JM is the kind of car salesman that will tell you, "I guarantee it's a good car buy it or get the eff off my lot."

Somehow I'd rather be treated rudely and know it's a good car, than have some dope tell me, "buy this car, As Is......"

Young and Stupid or Old and Infirm?

I wonder what Will Rogers thinks about it!

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    As an Alaskan, I am shocked at this decision. I never saw it coming.

I have met Sarah Palin and like her very much. I work with her husband in Prudhoe Bay. They are devoted to their family. She just had her son in April! He was born with Down Syndrome. So, I'm very surprised she accepted this offer.

Some friends "Outside" were asking me about the unique names of their children:

Track - Son. I think he was named for one of their favorite sports
    Bristol - Daughter named after Bristol Bay in Alaska
    Willow - Daughter named after a town in Alaska
    Piper - Daughter. Piper is a type of airplane
    Trig Paxson Van Palin - Son. Not sure about Trig, but Paxson is a place in Alaska and Sarah and her husband are Van Halen fans

Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

You lefties should be very afraid. Sarah Palin is exactly the correct choice. She will energize a lot of people like me who USED to be Republicans, but bailed on the party because they were becoming just a liberal as the Democrats.

A.) Hard working mother of 5.
    B.) Has at least some EXECUTIVE experience, unlike the 'messiah'.
    C.) Has a son who is about to deploy to Iraq. No more sophmoric arguements about "you would not do this if it was YOUR son" from the left.
    D.) She is a lifetime NRA member. She has a pic of a Elk she harvested on her bio page. Awesome.
    E.) She has repeatedly called out REPUBLICANS who are corrupt.
    F.) Very fiscally conservative. A good steward of OUR money.

I feel she is exactly what this nations needs. Somebody from the real world, not yet corrupted by the insanity of Washington DC. Lets just hope McBush slips on that banana peel a few weeks after inauguration day.

Libs... Be VERY afraid of this woman. She is smart, beautiful, hardworking, independant and not afraid to speak her mind. The only way you smear her is to lie and lies always see the sunshine, sooner or later.

And as my sig says... The Dems opened the door when the messiah chose Biden. An old school, Washington DC insider. I thought his theme was "change".

Hmmmmm....
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Since it was announced that she was chosen why has it been crammed down our throats that she is a beauty pageant winner?

Does the fact that she is beautiful mean she isn't qualified? and it seems to be women who can't get past the fact that she won a beauty pageant. So WHAT? What does that have to do with ANYTHING?

didn't realize there was a rule that said you had to be old and ugly to be qualified

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

As I see it Obama and McCain have both made their first major decisions in this race to the White House - the selection of a running mate. Obama has selected someone that is more than qualified to take over the reins in these unstable times. McCain, on the other hand, has shown very bad judgment. Eventually he will realize he just lost any hope of winning this election. If this is representative of the type of decision that he would make as president thank goodness he showed us ahead of time.

and how do you know she isn't capable? because she's only a governor?

From what I can tell... America's best bet may be someone who hasn't been corrupted yet... who is still a real person and not just a dummy with someone's hand up their butt making their mouth move.

She may turn out to be great. I have faith in her abililties.

Afterall... it has been proven that experience doesn't equal a good president lol if all it took was experience then we wouldn't be where we are right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    As I see it Obama and McCain have both made their first major decisions in this race to the White House - the selection of a running mate. Obama has selected someone that is more than qualified to take over the reins in these unstable times. McCain, on the other hand, has shown very bad judgment. Eventually he will realize he just lost any hope of winning this election. If this is representative of the type of decision that he would make as president thank goodness he showed us ahead of time.

Well, well... Thus is the difference between people like you and people like me.

I see this as a brilliant choice BECAUSE she is outside the DC establishment. It is obvious that in the last 50+ years, neither party has done squat to help us, WE THE PEOPLE. I think this is the first good choice he has made in his run for office. Before this, I was going to write in Bob Barr.

Keep telling yourself that he will see he has lost hope. What you fail to see is that this choice will energize the millions of people like me... Former Republicans who left the party because of it's move to the left. Sarah Palin is a true conservative/libertarian.

Yes, you all SHOULD be very afraid of her.

I can't wait to hear how Obama plans to actually deliver his promised Utopia. You know, without taxing to death the people who give us all jobs. People like me. Small business people. People who work 70 hours a week. People who have to find ways to 'pay' ourselves OUR hard earned money in ways so the worthless government does not STEAL it.

Why is it that you on the left hate success so much?
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post

Why is it that you on the left hate success so much?
    I am not on the left. Just ask anyone here who has been reading my posts for 8 years. I have voted both ways, Democratic and Republican, over the past several decades.

Quote Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
    Since it was announced that she was chosen why has it been crammed down our throats that she is a beauty pageant winner?
    Because she would never bring it up in a conversation, because we think of any BP entrant as either a Hooter's girl, dental hygenist or a lingerie model?

She's breaking a mold here. The least that anyone can do is think about Geraldine Ferraro, Hillary and now Sarah Palin.

History always remembers the "first ones" chosen. We got past the first woman as a VP runner, Presidential candidate and now there's a real possibility to get a woman into office.

-----------------

She's a man's kind of woman. I just saw her pulling salmon nets into a boat, she jogs, she hunts, she played basketball in school, she gets double points from me if she drinks beer and watches sports with her husband

She could have talked her son out of enlisting-He signs up on 9/11 and will be deployed on 9/11- she goes ahead with birthing a child she knew has Down's and managed to have three more kids in between.

No experience? I guess you have to become a lawyer to get experience in life? Just kidding!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

My first thought was that it was a transparently blatant attempt at courting dissatisfied Hillary fans.

Nothing I have heard since has dissuaded me of that notion, though I know more about her now than I did before.

This should be a fascinating election and campaign.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
    C.) Has a son who is about to deploy to Iraq. No more sophmoric arguements about "you would not do this if it was YOUR son" from the left.

And Biden has no children?
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20316309/

I knew nothing about Palin and had never heard of her prior to McCain`s decision. The first thing I thought of it was an attempt at winning Hillary`s feminist voters. I thought it was a shaky move for him. Then, I did my research and learned more about her, and she`s grown on me a lot. I agree with all the reasons Puckstop stated of why she is a good person and a good representative of her party. I was praying for Romney to get the nod, but I never really expected him to. However, I`ll be voting for my candidate primarily because of him, not because of his vice president. I don`t really know what this one is going to turn into, though, I think independents are going to have a big impact.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Because she would never bring it up in a conversation, because we think of any BP entrant as either a Hooter's girl, dental hygenist or a lingerie model?
    I`m in school to become a dental hygienist, does this mean I can look forward to a Beauty Pageant in my future too?
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

I just wanted to post something a friend of mine said. I had emailed him asking how he felt about her as he is from Alaska and has some personal (so to speak) experience with her in government....

Palin has not only standards but experience McCain and Obama lack. She has stood up to oil companies, other local polititians and utillities, cut taxes, and told the feds we dont need their money. She is down to earth as you have seen, more outside the beltway then those who are outside the beltway. She is pro developement, not just here but country wide. If she is as pro American as she is pro Alaskan she should be the going for president not the VP.
    I guess she's not just a pretty face... she might actually have some substance. and she may not have the "experience" of a lifetime corrupt politician but she seems to have the experience we need the most... standing up to people who are trying to screw us. If she can keep this going in the white house and get McCain to go along with the same idea... I think she's wonderful