Thread: Golden Retriever needs good home

Golden Retriever needs good home

Hi everybody!

I'm finally in Michigan, although my furniture is STILL somewhere in transit .

I'm posting here in Michigan (Wayne County) because there is a wonderful golden retriever named Sam who is 8 years old and is in need of a home. His owner passed away and the family didn't want to take him home. Instead, they put him in the family business, which happens to be a filthy, disgusting junkyard. My sister-in-law has been caring for him out of the goodness of her heart (she's a real dog lover and I am also) with absolutely no reimbursement from the family. They were leaving him out there during all kinds of bad weather. Margie went out and got him 2 igloos so he can have some kind of shelter.

It's time Sam got a good home. He's great with kids and loves being around people. He needs a home with no other animals.

If you know of anyone in the area who would love to have a great family dog, please either post here or send me a PM and I will respond immediately. Margie and I can't take him because she has a dog and lives in an apartment. As you know, I can't take him because I have 6 cats.

Thanks guys!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Have you tried contacting GR Rescue in Michigan?
    Here's their info:

Golden Retriever Rescue of Michigan (GRRoM)
    Hotline: 248-988-0154

E-Mail: [email protected]
    Web Page: http://www.grrom.com/

Try the Classified Ads on Pet Finder. Although there are no listings today for a wanted GR, additions are being made every day. Check out the listings for wanted pets in Michigan here .

I will keep looking for other ideas and post later.

Souraya is right. Golden Retriever Rescue is the best option to begin with. Sam sounds like a love, and I appreciate your daughter's efforts on his behalf.

I hope something can be resolved soon for this lovely boy.

Logan

Another site you could try is:

http://www.golden-retriever.com/index.html

They have a page for help in rescues and also the list of all Golden rescue organizations in the country.
    Blessed be your sister-in-law for helping this sweet dog. I hope he finds a forever home soon. Please let us know.
    Last edited by Albea; 09-09-2002 at 01:09 PM.

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..

Good luck finding Sam his much deserved forever home. He sounds like such a sweet boy. Thank you so much for intervening on his behalf. We're keeping our paws crossed.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Don't know if sam is purebred or not, but this may be another option...

Purebred Adoption

or maybe?

Planned Pethood

Poor guy I do hope he finds a home soon. Any idea why he can't go to a home with other animals? Is he aggressive towards them, or is he just over excited and perhaps a bit too playful?

Any news about Sam? Did he find a new home?
    Please let us know when you can.

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..

Bless your sister in law for helping him. I really hope you guys can find him a home. Poor thing.

I've already discussed with Andy that I want him to have Kia if anything happens to me.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Poor Sam .