Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Something wrong with Taz...update #56

Good luck with your baby. I was going to say that older kitties develop fat deposits, but since you say the lumps are hard and symmetric this may not be the case. Hang in there!!!
    Marina

you know sis..there is a thing called a floating rib that can look like it sticks out and then i just disappears...but how big is the lump..can you move it at all? like wrap your fingers around it? fist size or marble size?

Quote Originally Posted by GSDOG View Post
    you know sis..there is a thing called a floating rib that can look like it sticks out and then i just disappears...but how big is the lump..can you move it at all? like wrap your fingers around it? fist size or marble size?
    Ugh, I wish you lived closer so I could show you!!!
    When I put my hands on his sides it just feels like it's his tummy. It's not a separate item. And it shows on both sides. What would be the chances of a floating rib sticking out on both sides? It is not small nubby, it's large and bulbous. Also, don't forget that last night his sides behind the buldges were sunk in, as the last pic shows really well.
    I cannot wrap my fingers around it because it seems to be part of his belly. And it's fist size.
    Sigh.........
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

i know money is an issue..but i would take him to another vet and tell them you want x-rays of his abdomen.

I would still try to get a belly tap done. I didn't want to scare you in my first post ... but abdominal fluid from FIP could be involved. I pray it isn't ... but only a belly tap (inserting a needle into the fluid) would tell for sure. FIP fluid is thick and gooey like honey.

HUGS,
    Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

I wouldnt think FIP, mainly because of his history, and because otherwise he has been fairly healthy. i would be thinking of other things, but i dont want to upset you. should probably talk to you on the phone.

Oh gosh. I would definitely either get back to the vet, or if they do not give you satisfaction, go to another vet to get a 2nd opinion.

I hope it's nothing serious.

Big hugs to you and to Taz.

just a thought.. when I saw the pics I just thought it was that he ate too much too fast...

or maybe he´s allergic to something in the food... and that´s why it comes and goes....

hope they can help better with the pics you sent... keeping you in our thoughts
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

I understand what everyone is saying. I'll give my vet ONE more chance with Taz. If I'm not satisfied with the results I'll take him somewhere else.

Sister, what is the other thing you are thinking? It's okay tell me!! LOL Or you can call me tonight. Text me later!!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

well he is 13 right..and unfortuantly cats when they get that age will almost always have kidney damage to some degree. i am thinking tumor... i see this kind of thing ever day. if it is upper abdomen it could be and enlarged kidney/tumor or if lower ab it could be liver or spleen.

Quote Originally Posted by GSDOG View Post
    well he is 13 right..and unfortuantly cats when they get that age will almost always have kidney damage to some degree. i am thinking tumor... i see this kind of thing ever day. if it is upper abdomen it could be and enlarged kidney/tumor or if lower ab it could be liver or spleen.
    Ok, and will an xray determine that? Or do specific tests need to be ran?
    His numbers were elevated slightly when he had his tests ran back in March. But now I can't remember which ones. I know I told you before it was his BUN, but I'll check my paperwork tonight.
    Also, in case you check in on this.....I'm going to try and call you on my way home in two hours.

ETA: I just called my vet, since I hadn't heard back. Oh, the doctor is gone for the day and they are closed tomorrow. Because the second doctor in the office is out of the country.
    So, the girl reassured me that my email is on the top of the list and will be the first thing she sees when she comes in on Monday. Grrrr!!

get another vet!!.. what if it is something serious...(crossing fingers it´s not)

yeah sure wait till monday....what an a**..........
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

I've no advice - just want to send hugs.
    ((hugs))
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Hi mom, I am sorry you go through this. How about starting to call around tomorrow for another good vet, if you want to wait until Monday? It may make you feel better...just a thought.
    Marina