Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Overrun with cats

Overrun with cats

This is part of my early morning routine as I prepare for work.

Does anyone need a kitty?

I found a kitty outside on my porch last week and was tempted to drive him down to your place and sneak him in. It was Jenn's idea! I was able to give him another wonderful home yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Moesha View Post
    I found a kitty outside on my porch last week and was tempted to drive him down to your place and sneak him in. It was Jenn's idea! I was able to give him another wonderful home yesterday.
    LOL. Bring him on!

If only I'd heard that invitation earlier in the week! He went to his new PT home yesterday. Here is his story.

Quote Originally Posted by Moesha View Post
    If only I'd heard that invitation earlier in the week! He went to his new PT home yesterday. Here is his story.
    I recall reading that. It is a burden -- all the animals you would like to save in some way. You were able to find him a good home, then. I have the burden of delivering a litter of pups to the humane shelter this morning. It is not a "no-kill" shelter {sigh}, and it is not likely that all the pups will get adopted. But what else can be done? I already have my limit and probably beyond.

Aww, the whole gang is sitting there waiting for their breakfast. Isn't that sweet - and they get along so well. No wonder you have to get up early!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

haha! And look at the dogs on the floor ready to gobble up anything that should drop on the ground (not that anything will!) Every day when you look into all of those faces you see unconditional love. What could be better! Thank you for all that you do!

I KNOW WHAT THATS LIKE AS 7 ISH, ABOUT 2 HOURS BEFORE I REALLY HAVE TO RISE THE FOUND CATS LED BY JUKE JOINT JOSEPH, AND MICHAEL THE DREAM START TO MEEEOOW FOR BREAKFAST.
    I GUESS THAT THATS THIER DUTY AS SENIOR SPOKES KITTIES, BUT I WISH THAT THEY WOULD PUT THIER TUMMIES ON HOLD JUST A LITTLE BIT LONGER!!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

You're doing a mighty fine job there - beautiful kitties

You wouldn't what to do without them
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

You seem to be handeling your job as a slave very good! (It only/always starts with just one, don't it?) I hope you have a good job to support all those little mouths that you have to feed! I work to support my cats and I only have four!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Quote Originally Posted by Laura's Babies View Post
    You seem to be handeling your job as a slave very good! (It only/always starts with just one, don't it?) I hope you have a good job to support all those little mouths that you have to feed! I work to support my cats and I only have four!
    Were it not for these unwanted waifs I wouldn't have to work. When I think about what I could do with my money if ..., only if ..., nah! I wouldn't enjoy myself. Guess I'll keep 'em.

Ah, you love it and you know it!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Pets that wander....

I suppose your area has houses far apart and so when the dog or cat does wander or is put out to wander aimlessly, it is easy for them to seem lost. I know that in the rural areas, pets are often kept outside and have less than household status on any given day.

That last pup you found surely looks healthy in the pictures. Maybe he/she is just lost? One would hope that the owner would go door to door, looking for the doggie and would eventually the poor thing would be home again. But, if the dog was put out to fend for itself .... no wonder you find so many stays. It seems that they are disposable where you live. You seem to find more dogs than cats. Could that be that cats are oh too often and more easily part of the food chain?

Have you considered opening a 5013c shelter?

Quote Originally Posted by sasvermont View Post
    I suppose your area has houses far apart and so when the dog or cat does wander or is put out to wander aimlessly, it is easy for them to seem lost. I know that in the rural areas, pets are often kept outside and have less than household status on any given day.

That last pup you found surely looks healthy in the pictures. Maybe he/she is just lost? One would hope that the owner would go door to door, looking for the doggie and would eventually the poor thing would be home again. But, if the dog was put out to fend for itself .... no wonder you find so many stays. It seems that they are disposable where you live. You seem to find more dogs than cats. Could that be that cats are oh too often and more easily part of the food chain?

Have you considered opening a 5013c shelter?
    I see dogs and cats every day going to and from work. I don't always stop, but if I find one in the middle of the road I will. If I can catch I do, but if not .., well, of course, I don't catch those. Most of the ones I catch do end up at the shelter. If someone has lost a pet, he/she can call the shelter. The shelter puts an ad in the paper for that purpose. I have neither the time nor the money to go house to house, or to run an ad in the paper.

Several times during a year I see a cat or dog carcass in the road going to and fro. I also see raccoons, possums, and deer -- lots and lots of deer carcasses in the road.

Willie: I was sure I would deliver him to the shelter, but delivery to the shelter does not guarantee a good end to an animal. In Willie's case, he has gotten along so well here that I decided to keep him. I know he stands a god chance of having a good life here at Willow Oak.

The last cat I delivered was euthanized the same day -- the reason: he was too wild. I do not disagree with the action taken, but if if I had known beforehand, I would have kept the cat and tried to tame him. I have tamed a "wild" cat before.

I would not be approved for a 501 (3c) animal shelter since we already have one that is funded by the county and the city.

Pet Angel

I suppose many of us would like the fun part of having so many pets..... and I do appreciate how much time, energy and money it takes to care for so many animals. There are quite a few folks here, hosting and owning many, many, many cats and/or dogs. I think you may hold the record!

"What's one more mouth to feed" at this point!

I simple love the stories and photos about your "finds" and surely hope you continue to let us live with your pets via the internet!

I think I am able to smell Taz's puppy breath.