Thread: My neck hurts because...

My neck hurts because...

I FELL OFF!!!

it was the dumbest fall EVER, but it happened! Before you think I'm insane for being happy about this, I rode for almost 5 yrs before falling today XD First fall ever!

Anyways...I rode Scooter again and he was acting kind of strange. The fotting was kind of wacky so I think that was it. He got happy feet at the canter and we did about 10 flying changes, most of them unintentional. We warmed up over the little jump 3 times, and I couldn't get him to listen.

Then, the 4th time over, he stopped and I didn't It was SOO stupid, but I fell off. Everyone watching said it was really graceful, though! I flew over his neck, landed on my head and rolled back onto my feet. I didn't even really stop. I just got up and got back on him. I almost fell off a second time when we did the same thing, but thanks to his LOOONG neck, I caught myself

It was just so stupid. I've sat out MUCH worse, and I fall off over a simple refusal. He just stopped. He didn't run out to the side, he just stopped and somehow got the groundpole all the way out behind him When I looked at him, he was watching me like "why are you down there?!" hahaha
    in on the joke and i cant stop laughing

Oh, OUCH! Well, I'm glad you are okay enough to laugh about it now.

Motherly instincts kicking in here (and I'm not even a mother to humans) but BE CAREFUL!!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Owie!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

hehe Taz-Zoee then I probably shouldn't say that he almost took my foot off when he rammed me into a wall..one of my new boots are all scraped up and worn off on the front now... 0.0

Ouch that sounds like it sucked! Congrats on the prolonged fall though! lol
    I've been riding since I was 12 and I finally fell off at age 18 hehe and let me tell you it was probably the stupidest mistake in my life and totally my fault.

I decided to hop on my friend's horse, who he had just gotten that day, and ride him around bareback and only his halter/lead rope for control. And of course the horse spooked and took off and almost threw me into a tree but instead I landed in a pile of umm natural mulch and fertilizer... bleh

My friend was sooo scared that I hurt myself but I actually was dizzy for a second before I managed to jump right back up and start going after the horse so he didn't take off into the woods. And I too was told I fell very gracefully.
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

Quote Originally Posted by animal_rescue View Post
    I decided to hop on my friend's horse, who he had just gotten that day, and ride him around bareback and only his halter/lead rope for control. And of course the horse spooked and took off and almost threw me into a tree but instead I landed in a pile of umm natural mulch and fertilizer... bleh

My friend was sooo scared that I hurt myself but I actually was dizzy for a second before I managed to jump right back up and start going after the horse so he didn't take off into the woods. And I too was told I fell very gracefully.
    HAHA! I bet it was softer then the ground!

Hah when I got up (like a second after I hit the ground) I was a little dizzy but then I jumped over the jump (since Scooter was on the other side) and went to get him. Somehow that horse managed to get the ground pole twisted between his hind legs

Can I relate to these falls...brings back such good memories of bruises and bumps....lol.

Um, no. I had the stupedist fall ever. I was cantering and I started to lean, and I kept leaning, and then I just slipped off onto the ground!

Niņo & Eliza

Quote Originally Posted by Suki Wingy View Post
    Um, no. I had the stupedist fall ever. I was cantering and I started to lean, and I kept leaning, and then I just slipped off onto the ground!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I'm not laughing at you, but because I came THIS close to doing that...while WALKING. We were walking with no stirrups (before the dreaded no-stirrup posting trot) and I stopped paying attention and just started to sliiiide off the side..but I caught myself at the last second, haha.