Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap

Congratulations sweet Ginger Snap.

Your story brought tears to my eyes. You are surely one lucky pupster for having found your skin Mom.

Congratulations for being the Dog of the Day. You deserve it for sure!

Ginger Snap you are one sharp cookie. Please excuse the play on words but it just struck me how very intuitive you were to know that the person who saw you in the weeds would be your forever human. You are also a very brave girl to make that move to the step on the porch. Again I guess you knew that someone on that porch would love you unconditionally forever and ever. Yes, it does bring tears to my eyes this morning to read your story, but what a beautiful one it was! I wish you happiness always cutie pie! My Bella is a little miffed at me right now because I never gave her a middle name. LOL! Ginger Snap - Dog of the Day!!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Such a pretty pup and a wonderful rescue and adoption story. I hope you have many more long and happy and healthy years with your amazing family. They sure love you!!!! Long live Ginger Snap!!!

indiewolf Guest

Ginger's story familiar

Blessings to you for taking in Ginger. Our cat Wolfie had a similar start to life. He was put out by the neighbor of a friend. The friend was the first rescuer and figured Wolfie had been out on his own for at least two of his first five months of life. Like Ginger, we believe he still bears the scars of his early life. (He and your dog are the same age.) He's always been a pretty tough customer. We always wondered how he survived on his own. This spring and summer I had the opportunity to take some time off from work, and was home with Wolfie a lot. I paid him a lot of attention, gave him lots of love. He was such a tough guy, I used to just leave him alone. We have a real nice relationship now. Congrats to Ginger, sweet puppie! And way to go, Mama (or Papa).

Beautiful Ginger Snap....Reading your story broke my heart. It made me cry.
    So many animals are abrused each day. Ginger, I am very happy you found
    someone to love and take good care of you. You are so pretty. I bet you are a joy to have around. An animal gives so much love. They can make you
    so happy. They can help you when you are sad. Congratulations Ginger Snap
    on DOTD. You deserve it. Have a wonderful life.
    A Dog Lover
    LHCamry

anxiety in dogs

What a touching story!

I also have a resuce dog who was obviously abused and had a terrible anxiety disorder when I first got her. The vet put her on an older generation antidepressant - amitriptyline. It does wonders for her. With it she is a happy dog. I really urge any dog guardians who observe chronic distress in their dogs to consult with a vet about psychiatric medication.

a cookie by any other name!

Thank you for your efforts on Gingers Behalf, she is as deserving of your love as you are of hers. I also believe in rescue and the benifits to human and dog/cat/bunny... Your story is sweet and moving, I sometimes wonder if we should start a blog or a the beginings of a book with rescue stories. I rescued my sweet Kiera Jean and her story is also sad with a happy ending.

Thanks again for your rescue of Ginger and for the moving story, if you are interested in Kieras story, she was dog of the day for July 23, 2008. She did not have the health issues, but certainly had the emotional trauma and still to this day is afraid of leaving the house for fear that she will not come home.

Oh Ginger Snap, your sad story brought tears to my eyes, but I was smiling as I read your happy ending!

Bless your mom for taking you in! It's easy to see that you've blessed her in return!

Congrats to you for being picked as today's dog of the day!

Rescue doggies are the best!!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Hi Ginger Snap !!!!!!!!

There isn't a dry eye in this house either. What a story your Mom writes about you, sweetie. You've had such an incredible life. Thank you a million times to your family for saving you and giving you a great life. We love your picture and your name. Congrats to you, our very deserving DOTD!! Please tell Mom to give you a billion kisses and belly rubs today to celebrate. Happiness always!!!!!!!!!!!

Love, Daisy and Delilah in Cloudy Florida

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Oh, Ginger, you story has touched my heart! Something brought you together with your rescuer on that fateful day! Such a smart girl you were to survive by eating bugs!

May you continue to enjoy a wonderful life, and I know you will return all the love and more that you receive in your home.

Blessings to you!

Happy Dog of the Day, adorable Ginger Snap! I have to admit I got all teary reading your bio., sweetheart! My heart breaks imagining you homeless, roaming the mean streets, cold and hungry and frightened. A higher power was most certainly at work that fateful day your human happened upon you Ginger, and I have no doubt that it was meant to be, that you would find your way to them! You've made such great strides over the years, learning to trust and love again, and no one can fault you for still, after these many years, remaining a tad skittish at times...those emotional scars run deep! We're just so thrilled to learn that a doggie as beautiful and precious and loving as you found your way to such a wonderful family, to a life filled with patience and kindness and unconditional love! Enjoy your much deserved day in the spotlight, precious one! Wish I could reach through my monitor and give you a big hug and kiss, Ginger Snap...hopefully your Mom will do that for me!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Good morning, beautiful Ginger Snap! Your story is quite a wonderful one, and I`m sure you would agree! How caring your human must be to have taken you in off of the streets and made sure you had the proper vet care and love that you should have gotten from the very beginning. What a trial it must have been to have had to deal with all those pesky fur pests on your own! Glad to hear that with time you grew accustomed to your new furrever home, and that all your ticks and fleas went away once your human took you in and cared for you. I just don`t see who could have ever left you on the street like that, or hurt you, but it`s been over now and you`re safe in your home. I don`t blame you for having anxiety with strangers; my Bandit is nowhere to be found when a "stranger" comes to the house! What a heartwarming story yours was to read, Ginger Snap, and I`m glad it all worked out for you in the end! Have a wonderful day today, sweetie!
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

What a very special girl you are, Ginger Snap. And what a very special person you found to be your guardian. Just looking at that beautiful coat, and sweet face, it makes me sad to think that you were ever so neglected. You have obviously touched a lot of hearts today, sweet Ginger. I hope you are having a great time celebrating your special day as our most deserving Dog of the Day.

Hello Ginger Snap,

After reading your story I was sad that you were neglected as a young
    pup, but your human is sure making up for lost time. You look adorable in your
    picture sweetheart. A picture of health & happiness. Congratulations
    on being honored today as our deserving DOG OF THE DAY. Hugs & kisses
    sweet girl. Hope you enjoy your special day.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Hi, Ginger Snap! You are a beautiful girl, and very lucky, too, that you found your family. It was clearly meant to be. It's a shame what you've been through in the past, but you are happy, healthy, and loved now and that's all that matters. You are living the good life, which is what all doggies deserve. Have a great day celebrating how special you are. Congrats on DOTD!