Thread: For those of you with kids-cheap clothes!

For those of you with kids-cheap clothes!

We're in the process of buying Nathan new fall/winter clothes and I became tired of the wal-mart stuff (basically the only inexpensive store that sells clothes that we have around here) So I shopped around online, and found a great place! www.childrenswearoutlet.com They sell very nice, inexpensive clothes. The highest price I seen in the toddler boys section was 12 dollars and that was for FULL outfits. I'm talking pants, shirts, and often jackets, sometimes even hats. I don't know how much it is for older kids but you might want to check it out. These clothes are nice too.

Another great place to buy kids/baby clothes is Old Navy
    they always have the best sales!!

Also, keep in mind second-hand stores. Kids often outgrow clothes long before they are worn out, and you can get almost-new stuff pretty cheap!

Around here we have Ross, TJ Maxx, Forman Mills, Marshalls/Homegoods. You can get some really good sales at some of the regular retail stores if you go on their super sale days and really dig around to see what they have. I've gotten some great pieces at Macy's for very little money (like $7.00 for a blouse or capris).

I agree with the Old Navy comment. They have some cute stuff, and on sale is it really reasonable (I've bought for friends since I don't have kids).

I've also seen some great deals on ebay.

Second hand stores around here have some great deals. Most outfits don't look worn either.

Have you tried your local Freecycle group?? I've seen lots of people using Freecycle to get and give kids clothes.

I happened to glance at a Dear Abby type column in the paper the other day.

Some woman gave another gal some used baby clothes-I don't remember if the gal needed then or what was the reason- but the woman who made the donation heard from a mutual co-worker that the women was offended by the 'rag's she was given, she was expecting new clothes only!

--------------
    My parents would make Christmas runs to across the border to Ensenada, Mexico. They would gather clothes, food and candy for the people and pass it out. My mom worked for a large toy store chain and would buy up bag of Halloween candy, clothes and socks that were out of ripped open packages.

Socks were 10 cents a pair. Undies and the plastic pants that went over cloth diapers 25 cents. She would come home with a sack of clothes that she paid twenty dollars for.

Ask a manager if they have out-of-package stuff for sale- they will sometimes pull damaged packages and set them aside and instead of doing a return on the product they will either let the employees have first choice or set up a mark down table.

If you get to know the manager, clerks/salespeople, a can of soda, candy bar or some kind of 'thank you' will get you a inside shot at getting a deal or two.

Mom got first choice on a lot of stuff and when she would do the seasonal markdowns-summer clothes will start to get marked down to make room for the winter stuff, so keep your eyes peeled!- Another good thing about marked-down seasonal clothes is that you can plan ahead!

Mom would pickup outfits for two or three dollars-shirt and shorts sets, onsies- t-shirts and undies, put them aside and give them to people who had small kids. They were too small to wear the clothes at that time she gave them, but the women always appreciated something that could be put away and grown into!

So, get to know a clerk or two! IT does have it's benefits!

hmm on that page, everything I click on just gives me other links. It looks like it's just a search page

I think the link might be www.thechildrenswearoutlet.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Moesha View Post
    I think the link might be www.thechildrenswearoutlet.com.
    that's better, thank you!

We have some real nice consignment shops around here and the kids' lothes is dirt cheap, brand names and all. You can also bring in your own childrens' clothes and work a trade off with them.
    And the value stores have great buys for nearly new stuff that was only outgrown, hardly worn, some clothes still have the price tags on, people just didn't want them I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by JenBKR View Post
    hmm on that page, everything I click on just gives me other links. It looks like it's just a search page
    Oops! Sorry. Thanks Moesha for giving the correct site.

We have been to thrift stores and consignment shops in the past for Nathans clothes. They have really cute things. We're not too picky about where Nathans clothes come from, as long as they are clean. But every now and then I like to get him something brand new, and I like to look at all the stores they have online. Most of the stuff I've found is too expensive, except this site. And I just had to share! I know a lot of people on here have children and might like it.

Quote Originally Posted by sumbirdy View Post
    Oops! Sorry. Thanks Moesha for giving the correct site.

We have been to thrift stores and consignment shops in the past for Nathans clothes. They have really cute things. We're not too picky about where Nathans clothes come from, as long as they are clean. But every now and then I like to get him something brand new, and I like to look at all the stores they have online. Most of the stuff I've found is too expensive, except this site. And I just had to share! I know a lot of people on here have children and might like it.
    I do! Thanks for letting us know about it, there are some really cute clothes on there for a great price!

Perfect timing for this site to show up Hannah's birthday is coming up and I need to start buying her some presents. she really needs winter clothes and this site is great and has CUTE stuff.

thanks

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Thanks, I'll give it a look.

I usually buy most of Nathan's clothes off the sales racks at Old Navy. Carter's usually has great sales too.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla