Thread: Anger

Anger

just something to think about...

My World View (Quote from Judging Amy) My anger is ignited by..by men who beat children to death with extension cords, and women who plunge babies into scolding water so they'll stop crying. My anger is ignited by fathers who rape their daughters and pregnant women who take crack and drink alchohol without a thought of the tiny souls they are damning to a lifetime of pain. Babies in dumpsters. Drug overdoses. Burns, cuts, gun-shot wounds, wasted minds and ruined lives. My anger is ignited by a society that pays lip service to its children while treating them as nothing more than a marketing demographic. And by schools that are falling apart and teachers who are so numb by violence and fear that they've stopped teaching. But what's really pissing me off TODAY is a room full of supposed grown ups who think that bad drivers, and loud talkers, and hips are worth getting ANGRY about. When all the rest of that actual evil is loose in the world.

I had a rant, but can't make the words work. Will try again later.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I really liked that show & was sorry to see it end. I do agree with the
    rant against violence directed at children, that she expressed.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

As I get older I have really started to reign my anger in.
    Instead of getting upset about things that I have little or no control over, I pick them up in my hands and give them a look-see!

Example? Michael Vick, Nat Geo ran a special about the dogs he used to fight.
    I am not a huge fan of pit bulls. But, I really hate to see them used as fighting dogs. I gave him a few minutes of time and was pleased to hear all but one of the dogs were rehabilitated.

I am satisfied and not so angry anymore.

Another PB story? People who were evacuated in Texas from the recent hurricane were allowed to take their pets, but if they were PBs you were out of luck.

Why? a bunch of reasons! If you dog was kinda sketchy, you put him on the bus and he bit someone, all heck would break loose. Now, because of the irresponsible owners, PBs get bad press and are feared as killers. IT doesn't do the dogs any good when a news piece gets out that a PB mauls someone.
    That one PB story ruins it for every responsible owner and well behaved dog. I can be mad at the Texas gov't., but I also see their side.

Kids beaten with cords? Thank god someone was jailed for it!
    There are times when I hear and see women who abuse their children in the womb and lose the kid. Does it make me happy? No, but would it make you feel better if the child was born, only to be put into the scolding water at a later date?

Here's a thought about wars. ever notice that as we go on that the wars -and I am talking about wars against nations are smaller and there are less in the way of killed and wounded. Not so true with genocide in countries fighting inside their own borders- but it gives me hope that wars are getting smaller-We killed each other in the millions in WWI, We started to lose our bloodlust in WWII, then Korea, Viet Nam, A short Gulf war and then longer Gulf war. We have a few other conflict in between so we can practice? I don't like war, I'd rather have everyone sit down drink a beer, smoke a ciggie, I can't muster up the hate because it makes me want to go out and fight someone. I get a little bit of hope when I see that wars aren't the huge world -wide, saber rattling contests, Is that good? Maybe.

I used to hate a bunch of things. and then I figured out that I hated hating.
    Now I get mildly upset for a few minutes and think about the situation.

Anger and hate should be packaged in those little boxes you see on the wall in building.

You know, Pull in Case of Fire? You see them all the time -they should acknowledged, left alone and never hope you never have to use them.