Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: DESPERATE PLEA for help from me

DESPERATE PLEA for help from me

Hi guys, I didn't think I'd be in another one of these situations for awhile but I got a bad one on my hands. If anyone in the Dallas/Austin/Houston area thinks they can help me rehome or foster a SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET dog, please reply to the thread or email me. I will post the story in a little while. I need to first finish calling rescue groups and no kill shelters. I have been working on this nonstop since 8am I'm about to fall over.

Details soon..
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Ok, I was walking dogs at work this morning and kept hearing barking closeby. I kept looking beyond the front gates searching for a dog but couldn't see anything. I figured the barking was coming from a nearby house or something.

But then I saw him. He was running back and forth across the street. He was terrified of every sound out there. I ran back in and got some dog food to coax him to me. He really wanted me to save him but he was also really scared. He would creep up closer to me then just start yelping and running away. I put the bowl down and walked down the street a little. He ran and started eating and I slowly got closer. He finally let me grab him and he cried and shook as I carried him into work. It was rainy and muddy and we were both a mess. He peed all over me but I didn't really care or notice. I put him on the floor and he scurried around screaming. I just sat down on the ground and after about 5 minutes, he RAN to me and jumped in my lap, knocking me over. He couldn't get his body pressed close enough against mine. He kept pressing and pressing and pressing. He wouldn't just lay next to me either. He had to be right in my lap.

The president of the board was working in adoption today because the person who usually does has the weekend off. She told me we couldn't keep the dog and she called animal control. Due to bad relations between the shelters, animal control said they wouldn't come until Monday. I called my old work to see if they would take the sweet boy and they said no So now I have a deadline of Monday morning to find him a rescue group or he'll be put to sleep at the city shelter FOR SURE. I am thinking about just picking him up Monday and boarding him at my vet. In fact, I know I'm going to do that. It can't be any other way. He's too sweet of a dog to go to an awful place and die. Whenever I am standing up, he jumps on me and puts his paws around me. He is so touchy feely and loving and sweet. He broke my heart. He's also frightened to death of everything. The way they manhandle the dogs at the city shelter, it would be awful for him. They'd deem him unadoptable just because he's scared of being yanked and shoved around and they'd kill him.

This can't happen to him. It can't. I need major help. I've made so many phone calls today and no one can or will help. I am now emailing rescue groups in nearby cities too, hoping someone will help me. I'm willing to finance him if a rescue group could just foster him and find him a home. There's no way I can take him to my apartment. I am in the process of moving and my landlord would never allow that.

I've been crying all day and can barely breathe now. I just wish I could find one person to help me with this sweet boy. Oh yeah, he's a lab mix.. about 60-70 lbs.
    Alyson

Aly, Keep thinking positive. A day and half till Monday - something will come through b/4 then. If nothing else like you said - you could board him and that would buy time. The poor thing how old do you think he is? He probably feels your his only friend in the world. I will think very very positive and do some praying.

Will Lab rescue help, Aly? I know some of these breed specific rescues will take in mixes. My Splash was definitely a case in point!

Best of luck, and take care of you too.

Logan

I dont think this day can get any worse. Been at the emergency vet with Reece since 1am. It isnow 5:30am. I dont even think I can sleep.

Reece might have pancreatits. He is staying at the vet until Monday, maybe longer depending on test results. I feel so empty and awful
    Alyson

Oh Aly, I wish I were closer and could help you with that poor boy. He sounds so sweet. I eamiled my sister to see if she could help, but I don't know if they are in a position they can take a second dog in right now or not. Poor boy!

And poor Reese! We will keep you all in our thoughts!

Hang in there, Aly! I bet somebody will take him ... I hope somebody will. Poor Reesey-boy! Hope he feels better soon, too.

Thanks guys.

Reece is doing better and driving everyone nuts at the vet by screaming for his mom.

I am calling the lab boy Chance. He is black with white on his chest like Sadie and Cincy. He's got a big huge head that I love to kiss.

This is so hard because I'm moving tomorrow. So I'm trying to pack my whole apartment, find rescue groups, visit Reece, make moving arrangements, etc etc etc
    Alyson

Gosh, Aly. You sure have your hands full right now. Prayers are on the way for you, Reece and Chance.

Originally posted by aly
    Thanks guys.

I am calling the lab boy Chance. He is black with white on his chest like Sadie and Cincy. He's got a big huge head that I love to kiss.

Boy, you are really tempting me.....I'm am about two seconds away from saying I'll take him. I can't make any promises, but if nothing else turns up for him...

Oh my gosh, Aly. You are making me stressed out now! Please take care of yourself!

I am SO sorry and shocked to hear about lil' Reece boy I love that little boy of yours SO much.

I also do hope that labbie boy finds a home soon. He sounds absolutely delightful. I can't take him, I do have a house, but it will not comfortablly fit three big dogs and a kitty I sure hope someone can take him though. He truly sounds like a love hound. Please keep us posted if you are able to...and congrats on the move. I hope you are happy where you are going.

NONE of these rescue groups will help me because they say they can only help if the dog is on death row. WELL HE WOULD BE !!!!!!!! Now I'm thinking maybe I can just board him and find him a home myself. I just dunno how long it's going to take and hope I don't go bankrupt, heh.

Reece is back home. I couldn't stand for him to be gone any longer. I begged and pleaded them. I have a feeling that vet was jumping to conclusions and telling me the worst possible things anyway. Reece is a lot better and HAPPY to get out of there. Lolly is looking at him weird cause he has a large lump from getting fluids.
    Alyson

Aly, I sure hope that Chance will be able to find a new home soon and that Reece will get better soon. All fingers and paws are crossed here. Prayers are on the way for Chance, Reece, and you. I also hope that your move goes smoothly. Good luck.

Oh Aly, when it rains it pours I can only imagine the incredible stress you're under. Of course, knowing you and your big heart, you couldn't leave sweet Chance behind. And poor Reece Man sick on top of it all...plus moving! The good news is that Reece is doing better. Thank goodness for that!!! Did they diagnose him with pancreatitis?? Our Rachel's Hannah had a frightening bout with that not that long ago. Please let us know how he's doing. I wish I could help you with Chance. My Retriever rescue group takes in lab mixes. But we are SO far away. I would love to help you out with the cost of boarding him, if that would be of help. I can't bear the thought of this sweet, frightened pup being dumped in a shelter. Please let us know how we can help, ok???

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Poor Reece, poor Chance!! I'm glad Reece is feeling better. I hope you will find someone to take Chance. I feel so bad for him!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)