Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Whats you favorite breed and why?

Whats you favorite breed and why?

Hi I`m think of getting a dog but I don`tm know which one to get so if you could tell me which is your favorite and why?Thanks

I own a 3 year old male Rottweiler. They are my favorite breed because they are so noble, obedient, intelligent, and oh so beautiful.

God, Carl is so proud and cute in that photo "I won an award! look at me!! LOL!! ANYWAY, altho ALL dogs are fabulous and have unique personalities, if I were you, I'd do some serious reading to determine your compatability with the different traits. Save a life and go to a shelter! Some poor sweet lonely darling is waiting for you!

Your Rottie is so adorable!

Your Rottie is so adorable!

He is so cute..... But my dogs cuter then your's!! LOL well ectually they look lik e brothers!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Max has the same puppy like face insted of a bucth one like most rottie's do

Originally posted by Rottie:
    I own a 3 year old male Rottweiler. They are my favorite breed because they are so noble, obedient, intelligent, and oh so beautiful.

Hi, im Shaun Samaras my fravouite breed of dog has got to be the basset hound or the blood hound. I like basset hounds the best because they are my perfect dog that fits in to my life. I think that is the most important aspect that you need to consider when buying a dog. Many people think basset hounds are ugly but i think they are beautiful.

[This message has been edited by Sdsamaras (edited October 12, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Sdsamaras (edited October 12, 2000).]

Hi,
    All round top dog for me has to be the greyhound. They are beautiful creatures, loving, loyal, gentle, biddable, are up for anything and all they ask is a warm comfortable bed, half decent food and loads of love. They will hike all day with you or will be happy with a quick free run and then are placid and lazy at home until you are ready for the next adventure. They mix with other animals and kids easily. The only one I've ever known to show any aggression was a low growl from a dog that had been bitten by a rat and had a pretty fierce infection raging through him! One out of over 200 I have handled - fabulous, rewarding, relaxing and exciting dogs - what more can you ask for? The other big plus is they are dog shaped and can do what they are supposed to without any faults created by mans ridiculous whims of fashion.

my favioret dog is a basset hound cause they are so loyal and i love there ears my husbands favoriet dog i a rottie

CARRIE: I don't know if you get "Dog Fancy" magazine in the UK but the Greyhound is the
    Dog Breed profile for this month. I can send you a copy if you want..you can E-mail me with your address and I'll mail it to you. I think you will enjoy it and sending it to you would not be a problem! Are you a dog trainer? If so, I'm hiring you long distance next time!!! ..Karen

Karen,

I bought that magazine as well, and I really liked the piece about the greyhounds. (This is coming from a person who really, really wants to adopt an ex-racer but has to wait for a year or two before actually doing so.) I really liked the blue puppy with the blue eyes, so striking!

Greyhounds aren't exactly my favorite breed, (please don't take offense anyone, everyone has their favorites and I'm just trying to get the point accross) but I thought that the Dog Fancy article was really good. I've subscribed for 2 or 3 years now and the Greyhound article was one of the best yet!

Thanks Karen email on the way!

I have a 4 week old Great Dane and he weighs 45lbs so my fav dog would have to be a great dane because they are so huge and I love there feet!!!!

My favorit breed is the Doberman Pincher because they are so sleek,loyal, and protective. and they are just great dogs