Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Whats you favorite breed and why?

Border Collies, Where do i start......They are extremly intelligent, active, sweet, beautiful, willing to work hard, great sporting dogs, their coat types vary as does build, weight, height, ears etc. Ah i just love em

Coming in a close second & 3rd & 4th are NSDTR (i may have conned a lady from dog club into trying Flyball with her Toller)
    Also Border Terriers, Pyr Shepherds (we cannot get them in Aus yet) and Boxers. All of the above for their ability to work and play hard and i love the Boxers as they are generally the class clowns and make work/play interesting.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Man I just love all dogs! I wish I could live long enough to have 2 of each breed, and then a whole bunch of mutts!!! I sure hope there are dogs in Heaven...or wherever I go when I die =)

-thank you Poppy for the avatar.

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

how old is this thread?
    Layka

GERMAN SHEPERED!!!! If you are looking for a gaurd dog German shepered is the dog you will want. (They are great with kids too!)

Saint Bernards
    because they are loyal loveable protective (sometimes), cuddley, gentle giants i wouldnt change breeds for anything
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I love all kinds of breeds and my heartdog that passed almost 2 yrs ago was an Akita named Kori but the breed I love is the Leonberger and I hope never to be without one again.We have a Leonberger,a lab mix, a shiba inu,and a pom/pap/?mix and love them all but the Leo is the breed that fits me perfectly.I love the giant breeds.I love their docile personality and yet joyful spirit and they are a beautiful dog.But don't get me wrong they are not for everyone and they do require work as all furbabies do.They take grooming and love and training but they are the dog of my heart.

lol I just noticed this thread is 4 years old! lol

We have a Toller breeder here in Kelowna. They feed BARF, too. You know you want to come get one over here.
    actually tollwest was my second choice, I checked them out at the same time as the one I am sticking with right now, Torlan tollers is in calgary, much closer to me. I also like Torlan better, because while they are involved in showing they also breed and train dogs for ability, her son trains the dogs for actual tolling, and her daughter trains them for agility. pluse she is VERY nice, and keeps in close touch with all of her puppy owners.

Torlan Tollers
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

I've researched tons of breeds within the last two years and my favorites are below:

1) American Cocker Spaniel (a breed which I'm highly considering on puchasing)

2) Bassett Hound (a breed which I love to look at but don't suit me)

3) Labrador Retreivers (yet again, a breed I love to look at but don't suit me)

4) Golden Retrievers

5) German Sheperds and German Sheperd Crosses

6) Rough Coated Collies (I don't like the way they look in the US - the English look a bit better, they have a more developed stop)

I'm currently researching the American Cocker and am finding out lots of good things. Come in a variety of colors, happy-go-lucky etc. They are the smallest breed in the Sporting Group (AKC). Bassett Hounds are the gentleman's hunter. Most are slow moving, they tend to follow their nose. They are great dogs too. Labrador and Golden Retrievers are highly energetic, love to please and there are a ton of breeders breeding both. Rough Coated Collies are a long haired breed, bred to be herders. Very family oriented dogs (so I hear). German Sheperds are great dogs. I'm learning first hand about this breed as my sister has bought a 9 week old mostly black German Sheperd! She's very outgoing, highly exciteable but very, very obedient even at 9 weeks.

My favorite breed is the siberian husky because on almost every quiz they are best suited to me ahah, j/k.. I love them because they are smart, cute, no two sibes look the same, their pretty blue eyes and I could just get lost in them, I love how they are so independent, and they are also difficult to train and I love the challenge. I believe that Tikeya *my siberian* is perfect for me, and I hope to one day get another siberian husky.
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

fav breed

The mixed breed, best of many breeds, easier to train, generally more healthy. You have to go by more than what looks cutest to you though or by somebodies favorite. You have to consider your lifestyle and the breed before choosing which dog is best for you. There are many breed selector quizes online to help you out.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

BORDER COLLIES!!! They are smart, intelligent, sweet, affectionate, eager-to-please, energetic, great dogs for kids, and FUN!!!! I LOVE my Border, Blaze, who is also a great guard dog, and loves me SOOO much!!! I don't know what I would do without him!!!!

-KT and of course, Blazer Boy-

My Favorite breed of dog is Labrador Retriever because they are cute, smart, gentle, playful, and loyal.
    Dogs

Alaskan Husky & Dachshund

My favorite breeds are a Alaskan Husky, and a Dachshund...

I love Huskies because they are so gentle and friendly... and they just love to play and they are beautiful dogs.

I love Dachshunds because they are just the cutest little things! And they have good personalities! (my dachshund puppy is quite a little ham for the camera!)

Meeka

just testing my signature

I live in England in the Peak District, in a lovely country village

fav breed

Well perhaps I am biased cause I own a GSD + but I luv German Shepherds, they are so loyal, quick & intelligent plus full of fun as well.

Sash might only be part GSD but she has all the qualities of a pure bred & since having her my luv for the breed has grown.

I also luv the Malinois (Belgian Shep) for the same reason (we think Sasha is GSD +Mal) and they are also clever quick etc etc .......only disatvange is their high "drive" you can't tire them out!!!!!!

chris

PS anyone on here know or own a Malinois?
    Attached Images Attached Images