Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Whats you favorite breed and why?

My kind of dog is the Dachshund. I have 2 and they will keep you on your toes. They are so smart and they love being right next to you.They own you...not you owning them.
    They will teach you fast how they want things.

HI, THAT IS A HARD CAUSE I DON'T KNOW YOU, BUT I HAVE A ST.BERNARD. I DON'T RECOMEND THEM BECAUSE THEY'RE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BIG!!!!!
    LABS ARE GREAT! SO ARE OLD ENGLISH SHEPDOGS!GOOD LUCK!!HOPE YOU FINE THE RIGHT DOG!!!!!

------------------
    MUD PUPPY

SORRY. WENT OFF THE QUESTION.ITS A HARD ONE. I THINK IT IS A LANSEER BECAUSE THEY HAVE ALOT 2 LOVE!!

------------------
    MUD PUPPY

me too, fan of the Dachshounds

I have three, plus a big yellow lab They do keep me on my toes My daughter just got a Dapper. Her name is Abby and now I love her too. Mine are Mandy (Wire) Mikey (long h.)Chelsea is (Regular Hot Dog) A;sp a big yello lab, who looks after his peeps.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Becky

My favorite breed is the (yellow) Labrador Retriever, because it is amazing to watch them working while hunting, it's such a beautiful sight. I love them because of their personality, loyalness, body conformation, etc.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

Catahoula leopard dogs. They are very intelligent, very loyal, great guard dogs, amazingly agile (Of course I want an agility dog! ), full of energy, very versatile, humourous, stubborn but eager to please, and GORGEOUS. I'm getting one in Summer 2006.
    Last edited by wolfsoul; 03-23-2004 at 10:55 PM.
    I've been BOO'd!

border collies of coarse! smart, gorgous, sweet, loving, and FAST! plus they vary so much within the breed, both in looks and personality, so ya never know what you are gonna get, one could be timid and shy yet an outstanding working and another could be a comedien, but could not work if there life depended on it! color, and size, and ears, and nails, and markings.. non of it matters for the border collie! and my next favorite is Tollers, dont know what they are like in RL yet, but I jave been talking to a breeder and I plane to get one next year(when I am 18, or closer to it). and cany forget pyrsheps! adorable, fuzzy, smallish, light, and that expression!!!
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Originally posted by cali
    and my next favorite is Tollers, dont know what they are like in RL yet, but I jave been talking to a breeder and I plane to get one next year(when I am 18, or closer to it).
    We have a Toller breeder here in Kelowna. They feed BARF, too. You know you want to come get one over here.

http://toller.tripod.com/
    I've been BOO'd!

Golden Retrievers, of course.
    They're extremly smart, easy-going, LOVE to please, and just all around beautiful. They shine in the show ring, Obedience trials, and excel as Guide Dogs for the Blind. The Golden Retriever was the first breed to earn the AKC Obedience title. They have that soulful expression that is almost human like. After seeing how great Daisy is, I know I will always have a Golden Retriever in my life.

favorite breed

My favorite is definitely Boston terriers, I have two. They are very playful, loyal, wonderful watch dogs (although their small size doesn't make them very intimidating) my two think they are big and bad, it's funny. The thing I love most though is they are very people oriented, so if your dog would be alone for long periods of time this breed would not be right for you. They need their people

Jessica

Besides a the American Mutt, I am in LOVE :swooning!: with Dobermans and am planning on getting one from a rescue when I get a new place. I prefer the red and rust, natural ears. The loyality, the sweet nature to their owners, the protectiveness. And then there is their beauty and sleek.

Besides them I love big dogs like great swiss mountain, GSD, rottie, great dane, greyhounds. Though through all the reading I've done since considering a new dog, I haven't thought of getting anything other then a dobie.

My favorite breed is Irish Setter! Since I was a little girl I grew up with hunting dogs my Uncle had 4 German Pointers.. and you cna gues how he used them! One day my dad comes home holding a puppy he found on the street! (at that time it wasnt safe for dogs event people to be outside because it was WAR!)We named is Layka! She was so cute.. but eventually we had to make a quickmove and we couldnt take her with us and I never had a chance to say good bye! Ever since I always wanted a Irish Setter! And they have been my faves toooo!
    Layka

I would have to say that my favorite mixed breed is a bassador(basset/lab) because I have one and she is the sweetest dog in the world, the ultimate couch potato. My favorite pure breed would have to be either a GSD or a Doberman, they are both beautiful and intellegent.

Border Collies and if I listed why, my hands would fall off from typing and you'd all hate me for going ON and ON

Ah, so many choices!

Well, Shelties (obviously) because they're so perfect. They're extremely loyal and only want to please. They have such a gorgeous coat that anyone could spend all day looking at and come in a variety of colors. They're not too big but they aren't terribly small. They're extremely intelligent and will often pick up new commands in a matter of minutes. They're not a very dominant breed and generally get around really well with kids, other dogs and other animals. Kai loves kids, other dogs, cats and even let a couple rats climb on him a couple times. They're so versatile. Shelties are often seen doing flyball, agility, herding and obedience work. They're good watch dogs but horrible guard dogs. Mine would bark at an intruder, show him where all the valuables are, and then lick him to death before he left.

I also love border collies for many of the same reasons.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]