Thread: Cassie Cat's eye

Cassie Cat's eye

I wish I had a photo, but I couldn't find the camera, so I'll just describe it and maybe you all can reassure me.

I noticed this afternoon that Cassie had her left eye closed. She wouldn't let me take a close look at it except one time. It didn't look swollen or runny. She's eating and no less active than usual (she just turned 13 as best I can calculate). Her right eye doesn't look runny either. I don't know if she scratched it accidentally, or something got in it, or what. Should I be worried?

Thank you,
    Elyse
    and my furry girl
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

It would be a good idea to have a vet look at it. A scratched eye can get infected, and cause a cat no end of trouble. Even if the eye itself is OK, a peripheral infection can gunk the eye shut. Cats' eyes take up SO much of their heads that it's always smart to be careful about eye problems.

Love, Columbine

Yes, for your peace of mind I'd have your vet check it out. My blackie Boo did that years ago and it turned out he had a sty.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Very quickly because I don't want to take away from the Puddy thread ... it is much, much better. When I got home from Mom and Dad's last evening both of her eyes were teary. This morning she was giving me the usual "feed me" look! I left a message at the office just as an FYI.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Very quickly because I don't want to take away from the Puddy thread ... it is much, much better. When I got home from Mom and Dad's last evening both of her eyes were teary. This morning she was giving me the usual "feed me" look! I left a message at the office just as an FYI.
    Cassie is just as important as Puddy or anything furkid. I'm glad she's doing better.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I would most definately take her in and have her looked at. I thought that Chloe had a scratch, a cold, Allergies, etc, etc.... We ended up at the University of Minnesota after a couple of weeks of treatment on a herpies medication and no response we then started treating her for Clamidia and it worked. But she was in an uncomfortable state for some time and there was nothing we could do to help her because we didn't know. Sounds like maybe she might have an upper respritory infection which that can happen. But I would get her in just to make sure its nothing more than that??? Is she sneezing also? Chloe was sneezing too and that is another symptom of that disease. So its best for her comfort to get her in. Many of these symptoms can be very uncomfortable for them. I didn't realize it till Chloe's personality completely changed after all the treatment was complete.... Prayers to the both of you!!

*I've been Boo'd*

WE ARE GLAD THAT CASSIES EYE IS OPEN NOW, AND WE KNOW THAT MICHEAL THE DREAM IS RELEIVED TOO THAT HIS DEAR ONE IS BETTER.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS