Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are there puppy selling pet stores near you?

I have a couple of Petlands near me. A friend's son works at one because he loves dogs and he means well. I didn't like to hear that they make commision on selling them though. That means lots of people probably have selling tactics used on them as well as outright lies to get the sale.

We also have one called Happiness Is Pets. I checked it out once. The dogs looked sick or sedated.

There are a few around here in my area of California.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Petland is very popular here. I'm shocked that so many people will buy dogs from them, I remember taking Payson to the vet once and the people that got there before us had a Petland puppy that seemed to have a ton of medical problems! The other thing that irks me is that they sell mutts for a huge price, don't people realize that the humane society sells mutts that are usually healither, about a quarter of the price and come already fixed and UTD on shots.

We also have an Animal Kingdom in the mall, and two other local shops that sell puppies.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Petland. I wish they wouldn't sell puppies, but they do, so I don't shop there.

One called Archer Puppies. They've been in business for a good 35-40 years and as I understand it, pretty reputable.

Another called Happiness is Pets. I've only been there once and it broke my heart into pieces.

Local Petco has fish, and local Petsmart has fish, amphibians, birds and a small selection of lil furry creatures. They both have big notice boards with local adoption programs, business cards, and rescue organizations if you want a dog or cat.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Selling cats or dogs in pet stores was banned here years ago.

Yes. There is one new store about 20 mins from me. They sell a lot of English Bulldogs, Yorkies that are all tan colored, puggles, min pins and TINY chihuahuas. I asked one time where they get all their dogs. The owner didn't hesitate when he said "I have a large farm I raise them on. My jaw dropped. It sickens me that he's so proud of owning a mill.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by shepgirl View Post
    Selling cats or dogs in pet stores was banned here years ago.
    Oh I wish that would happen here!

Why aren't they shut down yet!??! Do we have names and locations of these stores? We need to shut these down!

Caseysmom, where in your neck of the woods are they?

There are also several Petlands here that sell puppies and kittens. I've been boycotting them for years. I also tell everyone I know not to go there and why.

*Thanks Ashley*

Quote Originally Posted by Giselle View Post

Why aren't they shut down yet!??! Do we have names and locations of these stores? We need to shut these down!

Caseysmom, where in your neck of the woods are they?
    There are two that I know of, one I haven't been in for 4 or 5 years but I think its still around another one for sure because I went in there earlier this year and had to bite my tongue, they are both in Citrus Heights a suburb of Sacramento.

My brother actually got his westie 8 years ago from one of them and told me they only use good breeders blah blah blah but his westie had lots of medical issues.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Shelteez2 View Post
    There are also several Petlands here that sell puppies and kittens. I've been boycotting them for years. I also tell everyone I know not to go there and why.
    There is a Petland in Terre Haute,IN. About 1 1/2 hrs from me. When I lived there I boycotted them non stop. I even got told to leave a couple times because I was convincing people to go adopt from the local humane society instead of buying from them. Most of the puppies in there even look sick. When Debbie and I went to Terre Haute this year to the dog show we stopped by that Petland. They had an Aussie. It was so poorly bred it didn't even look like an Aussie. We brought our Aussies in and showed them what a REAL Aussie looks like. Talon was a big hit. Everyone loved him.