Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minnie Mouse Cake... where to find one

Minnie Mouse Cake... where to find one

Well... Hannah's first birthday is coming up very soon (I know )

The party theme is Minnie Mouse.

However, do you think I can find a minnie mouse cake ANYWHERE? LOL NO.

Of course I have only really looked at the obvious places custom cakes like the grocery store, Walmart, things like that.

Do most bakeries make custom cakes? Has anyone had to find a Minnie Mouse cake before? I have never ordered a custom cake before (that's sad isn't it lol). Do most bakeries have cake patterns I can look at or do I just tell them I want a minnie mouse cake and they come up with a design or what?

I really am clueless when it comes to cake hunting. What kinds of places do you go to to have cakes made?

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Our local grocery stores have a book you can look through to order a custom cake.

Have you checked out the Minnie Mouse Party Box? http://www.birthdayinabox.com/party-...-11358-id-1154

Cakes and cake toppers -- You could always get a plain cake and directorate it with these Minnie Mouse cake toppers.

Now ya know, we're gonna need lots of pictures, right?
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Most bakeries have a book of cakes you can look through, and can also make a custom cake. Minnie mouse wouldn't be too hard of a shape to make - circle pans for her ears, and little triangles for her bow, and voila! - it's Minnie Mouse!
    I've Been Frosted

Yeah I was thinking I could just get some cake toppers and get a plain cake with writing on it.

My friend also just suggested those "picture on a cake" Cakes... do you think they would put a picture like Minnie Mouse on a cake or would there be copyright issues? I will have to give a call and find out.

Oh good. most places have books of cake designs. that's what I was hoping LOL.

Oh and I forgot to add....

There will be more pics than you can handle hahahaha. I will be clicking that camera non stop that day I want to remember every single second of her big day.

Do you know anyone with Baking talent?? Most bakeries will make custome cakes for you as well.

I like these cakes!!

Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

OH those cakes are so cute.

I can bake... but the decorating is not my forte so I know I wouldn't get the face right at ALL lol Wish I knew someone that was good at decorating cakes like that.

I'm hoping the place that made my baby shower cake (the cow jumped over the moon... Hannah's nursery theme was nursery rhymes) will do a minnie mouse cake.

I need to call them too

Do you have Redner's in your area (we do here, and since you're close you just might have one) they make great tasting cakes and do have Minnie Mouse. Thats where we got Cameron's birthday cake. I'm attaching a photo of his cake to show you how big this cake was (and CHEAP!!! $25!!) It didn't photograph as well as it looked in person though. The colors all looks muddy when in person it was super cute.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hmmm there is one in Ephrata. I might have to check them out

I was going to suggest one of the foodstores that have bakeries in them. Redner's does make nice cakes. I work at Giant part time, but their artwork at the one I'm at does NOT thrill me.

I used to bake and decorate cakes from when I about 14yrs old. The AC Moore stores and Michael's have the tins that you need for them. If you do one, even the basic "star" tip can make a nice cake for a Minnie Mouse. I did see that in one or two of the pics above. They used the star tip and just different colors. If you can get a nice stiff icing, you can do the stars and they'll stay set up really well. You could always give it a try, lol. I'd just buy a metal star tip (not plastic), you can get the bags and the inserts for the tips pretty easily (the tip should go in a coupler to stay secure). If you make the cake, find the spray that they have that is butter and flour in a can, especially for cake pans, so that it won't stick.

Found this for Redner's Bakery Cakes

Awww those Minnie cakes are so cute - so funny because I think we're doing Mickey for Ty's bday. He loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. OMG I can't BELIEVE we are talking about their 1st birthdays!! Where did the time go???

For Nathan's birthday we went to Walmart. They had a book to look through and had a nice selection, several to choose from.

I don't think I've commented much on Hannah's pics but I've always looked at them. She is so beautiful. I can't believe she's almost a year old already.

I know... hard to believe all of these PT babies born around the same time as hannah are going to be a year old soon. I can't believe how fast it flies by.

Jen... awww Hannah and Ty will have matching birthday parties... CUTE.

I can't wait to see pics of his party.

Well I have looked at some books that they have in the grocery stores and such and they have mickey mouse but no minnie.

I think on Tuesday I am going to buckle down and call around and see if they have anything anywhere and what the cost would be.

I always hate calling places to ask questions because I think I have it all sorted out and then when they answer I turned into a brain dead idiot lol. Shocking I know hahaha.

and Kuhio those are the same decorations we are getting ... aren't they cute. I'm getting them from another site though that is a little bit cheaper and has three day delivery for free. but they are exactly the same design. I was really lost on what theme Hannah's party should be because she's not really INTO a lot of shows other than Signing Times and they don't sell those decorations lol. but when I saw the minnie mouse I was sold. I even got her this CUTE Purple corduroy dress with an embroidered Mickey and Minnie in a heart to wear for her birthday... I had no idea what I was going to have her wear and woudn't you know... I found it at a yard sale and it is in perfect condition. Twas meant to be

Quote Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
    I was really lost on what theme Hannah's party should be because she's not really INTO a lot of shows other than Signing Times and they don't sell those decorations lol.
    Is Hannah hearing impaired? I didn't realize that! It's neat that they start teaching them signs so young!