Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It is my honour to introduce....

Welcome, Nicolas and congratulations, Kristina!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Thank you so much!

I am still in a state of shock...

He made his appearance quite suddenly...I had just come off of working a 12.5 hour shift of security patrol and was trying to get some sleep. Suddenly I felt a bit of cramping, nothing that felt like a contraction though (Although I know now that no contractions are typical lol) I went to go to the bathroom and my water broke . I figured I better get into the hospital, even though I was fairly sure that I was early. John was in the process of calling a friend of ours to give us a ride there and the head crowned! I yelled to John to call 911 and he said "why do I need to call..." and he saw the head and said some things Im not going to repeat lol. He called 911 and got the dispatcher on the phone who kind of talked him through the process, thankfully hes had some training on how to deliver a baby By the time the paramedics arrived, Nick had already made his entrance into the world! The whole process from when I started to cramp to when he was actually born took maybe 15 minutes. The paramedics cut the umbilical cord and took Nick to the hospital in one ambulance and me in another. They admited him to the NICU because he was premature and he had some blood sugar issues that are now starting to resolve themselves. The NICU doctor says he should be able to come home by about the end of the week. Im lucky, I didn't have any tears "down there" and I didn't need stiches at all. I was discharged from the hospital today and the nurses and doctors are amazed at how quick I recovered. I kind of thought things were going slow lol I think I look so bad in the picture but everyone says I look darn good for JUST having a 9 pound baby.
    John had the unfortuneate task of cleaning things up at the business...but he said he had so much adrenilne in his system he was glad to obsess over something for a few hours lol.

Wow...I still can't get over the thrill of the whole thing. I wish I had something more intelegent to say than that but I don't lol.
    As soon as he is out of the NICU I'm getting a TON more pictures More updates as I get them

Thank you all again!

Congratulations & Welcome, little Nick!
    That's quite an exciting entrance there, Nick.

Glad you are all okay. Wow, no tears? No complications? You're a natural! And it sounds like John did an A-1 job assisting!
    He's a beautiful baby boy!

Wow, a 9 lb 2 month early baby boy!!! And a home birth to boot! Amazing! I wonder how much he would have weighed if he had gone full term - and I bet you wouldn't have had a home birth with him then!

He is absolutely darling and I love his name. Congratulations to you and daddy - looks like you both your work to do on this birth - good job - great daddy - my husband would have probably passed out and I would have had to lay there until he woke up to get the emergency squad there.

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

Oh wow congratulations . Welcome to the world Nicholas, although your entry was quite early and very quick .
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Wow, congratulations Kristina, and welcome to the world Nicholas. That is quite an entrance you made, little boy, I think it means that you are going places fast as you grow up. Congrats again, and I am glad to hear that you are both doing well.

GREAT JOB!! I am blown away! NINE POUNDS and 2 month premature? And he was delivered at home?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Can that story be topped? I don't think so!
    Congrats, and welcome to the world, little one.

How very cute!!

Congratulations!!

Welcome to this world, little baby boy!

Kirsten

Congratulations! Good thing he didn't cook any longer or you'd have been having a c-section! What healthy looking and adorable little guy he is!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Oh, if I may point out, he has the CUTEST WIDDLE CHUBBY CHEEKS ever! Nicky is just so adorable!

Quote Originally Posted by kimlovescats View Post
    Congratulations! Good thing he didn't cook any longer or you'd have been having a c-section! What healthy looking and adorable little guy he is!
    Oh my gosh! I just read your post! DELIVERED AT HOME BY YOUR HUBBY???? WOWZA!!!! Girl, you are QUICK! LOL! I'd say standing on your feet for 12 hours had something to do with that! Big ((((HUGS)))) to you, hubby and baby!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post
    Can that story be topped? I don't think so!
    Congrats, and welcome to the world, little one.
    Wowwie! My thoughts exactlly! You'll always have a fun story to share with your friends and Nick will always have a fun story to share about his enterance to the world. How amazing and what a perfect, beautiful little boy he is! A HUGE congrats to you and GOOD JOB to John for delivering his first baby haha. What an incredible honor for him.

Just WOW.

That story is unbelievable!! Let me add: You Look Great as it is but after that, You're Mrs. America!!! More Congrats!!! WOW!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

CONGRATULATONS!!! Nick is adorable, and wow what a story to share LOL.