Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Those of you with S/O that snore...

Those of you with S/O that snore...

Does it bother you? How do you deal with it? My boyfriend snores really loud and falls asleep almost instantly. I take a while to fall asleep and the snoring keeps me up. I try and sleep first, but I'm a light sleeper so I'd wake up at any little thing. Sorry for the pointless thread...just curious if anyone has found a way around it. Neither of us get much sleep because of it...(he snores and I curse ;D)

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

I know how you feel. I am also a light sleeper and he falls asleep instantly. He doesn't snore too much, but when he does I'll either turn over or nudge him in some way and that usually makes him stop. He snores worse the more exhausted he is (or the more he drinks ).
    You could have him try those breath rite strips that opens the nasal passage. An ex-boyfriend from years ago used those and they worked.
    Otherwise, I go sleep on the couch.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Have you tried earplugs?

There's also a special pillow that you can buy that is supposed to help snoring. I'm also a very light sleeper and I always wear ear plugs at night just so I don't hear any outside noise but that doesn't stop my cat Sunny from waking me up.LOL

I remember waking up one night and wondering who was cutting down a tree. Just Steve snoring. LOL I turn him on his side and that often helps, if not I wake him up and he has to rub my back then, that makes us both fall asleep. If all else falls I go sleep in Benny's room.

Can't help with S/O but I can sympathize. I'm a VERY light sleeper and just last night woke up and thought "What the heck is that noise?" Took me a while to track it down but it was Hobbes snoring his head off! I gave him a belly rub and that seems to stop it. Turns into purrs that are much more soothing!
    Claudia

I know what you mean.

Brian snores and he falls asleep INSTANTLY. It doesn't wake me up if I am already asleep but I can't GET to sleep if he is snoring.

I usually just give him a little shake and say "You're snoring" he doesn't fully wake up but he usually ends up rolling over or just stops snoring for a moment or two.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

If it were me I'd try earplugs, and try to fall asleep first. Do we get to see pics of you and the b/f?

I have no help to offer, as I am the snoring one in this house. I warned Paul before I ever married him of this, but thankfully, he is the opposite of a light sleeper - he could probably sleep through a train wreck - so it works out okay!
    I've Been Frosted

I have lived with this problem for years. Two of my co-workers (older gals like myself ) have the same problem with their hubbies. I thought it was a problem that started with men when they reached 50!

Anyway.... rolling him over doesn't work and earplugs hurt my ears so I used to just have to make a 3:00AM walk to the spare bedroom. Finally I got tired of the late night walk and just moved into the other room. You really can't function at work (at least I can't) with so many nightly interruptions. I have read that sometimes weight loss is the answer. My own boss who is not heavy at all, lost only 10 lbs. and apparently that was the end of the problem for his wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Moesha View Post
    Have you tried earplugs?
    They do work, I've had to use them, but be careful. I pushed them too deep into my ear and punctured my ear drum. After that, it was separate bedrooms. We came together on occasion, if you get my meaning. LOL
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Seems like everyone else has posted what I've done

How about trying a Unisom or Tylenol PM?

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

My husband snores so badly that even trough earplugs and having a pillow over my ears, I can't ever sleep with him. He snores worse then I've ever heard anyone snore. It shakes the bed it's so obnixious. It can be heard throughout the entire house. Right now we're talking about sleeping in different rooms because I never get any sleep. I'm a light sleeper and it's not comfortable sleeping with earplugs every night, but I must. I wish they had earplugs that blocked out everything, but then I wouldn't hear Quinn if she cries. Sleeping on the sofa is an option I guess, but it's always covered in cat and dog hair. I can live with the dog hair, but I get itchy around my cats and the cats don't sleep on my bed ever, so my bed is always free of cat hair. Whoever sleeps on the sofa also gets licked on the face by either of the dogs, and that's very annoying.

I'm not sure what to do about this horrendous snoring I have to live with on a daily basis. I guess I just won't ever sleep a full night.

Quote Originally Posted by AdoreMyDogs View Post
    I'm not sure what to do about this horrendous snoring I have to live with on a daily basis. I guess I just won't ever sleep a full night.
    I kinda had to laugh at this. You have an 18 month old and a baby on the way....of course you will never sleep a full night.
    Although, I do not have children and I NEVER sleep through the night, EVER! And it's not because of snoring either. It's just me.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I wanted to add that I have always snored - probably has to do with my asthma, allergies, and the shape of my mouth and palate. As a child, when I was going to camp or anything, before the first night, I'd tell everyone "I snore. I know I snore. If it wakes you up, or is keeping you awake, please wake me up. I will then stay awake until I know you have gotten back to sleep.

The one time a girl complained the next morning about my snoring, all the other girls yelled at her and said "She TOLD you to wake her up! Why didn't you?" and that was the end of it.
    I've Been Frosted