Thread: Is this illegal?

Is this illegal?

I was looking at exotic animal pictures, and I came across a site that sold exotics. It had Zebras, camels, servals, foxes, coatimundis, monkeys,bears, wolves, and the like...

I wont say the site name, because I dont want any crazy seeing this and wanting to buy one

Is their not a law on selling exotics to people with no experience. It made it seem as long as you had the cash, you can have the pet...

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

Each state has different rules, and may require you to have a special permit for certain animals.

Massachusetts ( less than a mile from my home) does NOT permit you to own an alligator. However, some folks have a permit, like the woman who does the shows at schools, festivals etc. Even she only owns 2 small ones (I guess there are different varieties of 'gator.) Here in RI, ANYONE can own an alligator, of any size. There is a family close to me with 3, the largest over 10 foot long. Been in the newspaper some, last year their abuttors complained, worried the gators would get out and get small dogs, cats, etc.

And don't forget some places (I think Texas is one?) offer "canned hunts." Don't get me started . . . . .

Remember, websites have international exposure. Laws vary not only state to state, but country to country. And I doubt it is any more than a scam in the first place. However, you could always email it to you state's Attorney General for investigation ...
    I've Been Frosted

Some of the Zebras, coatimundis, servals, and wolves and camels were not 30 minutes from here. It said the price, and available for pick up now...

Things like this make me sick to my stomach. I will look for the state AG and see if they know about it.

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!