Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Okay, Honest opinions LOL

Okay, Honest opinions LOL

I just recently got my old laptop back and realized I have paint shop pro studio on it. I've been looking up tutorials all the time I'm online and stuff trying to get better and I think I've improved. Yesterday I taught myself(with the help of a tutorial) how to merge and tried it-

I've also found a tool called "background eraser" and I've ALWAYS had a problem with cropping images perfectly. It bothers me so much that I could never do it properly and here's another(way overdone) ex-

these are some old things I made using photofiltre-

I think I'll stick with PSP..so what do you think? Which ones are better?

I personally love paint shop pro. It's much easier (for me, anyway) to use than photoshop.

I love the first image you posted of Sassy.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

I have Paint Shop Pro and have had it for six years, and still haven`t a single clue how to use it! All of the ones you made look great, but I loove the first one, and the valentine one too.
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

The valentine is the best one. Do you have layer modes in psp? They look much better than just lowering the opacity.
    I don't know what other programs have because other than Microsoft PictureIt! I've always had Photoshop in one form or another.

Niņo & Eliza

Thanks for the opinions guys! =D

Ew, I hate the valentine one compared to my PSP ones lol. Photofiltre is okay, and I still USE it for certain things such as adding text to my sigs and graphic because it's just too hard on PSP for me.

Floppsyladysally89, you should look up some tutorials. Most are really easy to follow and PSP isn't really that complicated to learn. What version do you have?

Sukiwingy, What exactly does that feature do? I have no idea what you're talking about LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by FloppsyLadySally89 View Post
    I have Paint Shop Pro and have had it for six years, and still haven`t a single clue how to use it! All of the ones you made look great, but I loove the first one, and the valentine one too.

Same here. I don't know anything about how to do it, but I love the first
    one. It's beautiful.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I have PSP 9.1 or 9.01, I don`t remember exactly (it`s on my desktop and I use my laptop for internet). I had 9, but then they (Jasc) sent me an upgraded version awhile ago. I`ve had it for years and have managed to get some things done, but I never thought so much was possible on it! I`ll definitely look up some tutorials, it would be nice to be able to make such interesting things. I guess I never gave it a second thought!
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

Thanks, lizbud!

Hope you learn a little, just google them. But take it slow, that's what I'm doing. I'd love to see some of your practice graphics whenever you finish them

I love the first one it has a dreamy quality.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I use PSP, too. I dabble with Photoshop but mostly use PSP 7. The new version is too much like Photoshop. One day, I'd like to take a Photoshop course. It frustrates me that I can't learn it. I love the first one you made. Very pretty.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

I really like the first two graphics you've done, they're amazing! What version of Paint Shop Pro Studio are you using? I wonder how much it costs. My computer didn't come with much when I bought it 3 years ago. I'm going to look into buying it!

I taught myself photoshop. It really only takes some time tinkering and a few free tutorials.

Blend modes are an alternative to lowering the opacity. A lot of times just lowering the opacity to make something blend in better looks unprofessional.

Here's an example of what I mean.
    If you select a different mode, it blends differently, giving you more options. I took a picture of an African Wild Dog I took at the zoo and put it on a background I played with. The background itself is two different pictures blended together.

And a close up, see where it says linear light?

This is the result.

Here are some other options, and the results.

Niņo & Eliza

Wow, those look awesome suki! Love the overlay one. I'm not sure if PSP has it but who knows? I'm pretty sure it might. Thanks for the tip. They do look better!

Emeraldgreen, it's called "Jasc Paint Shop Pro STUDIO: Dell Edition" Version 1.01. I'm not sure you can buy it, I'm pretty sure if came with my computer. There's a couple of new PSP's out. I_luv_rusty has PSP x or something and I think they came out with a newer version of that recently.

Thanks for the comments on my graphics everyone! I don't have time to make anymore till tommorow night, but I'm going to try the layer options.

I have PSP8 and I love it but there is still a lot I don't know how to do in it.. I have had it for years and every now and then I challange myself to learn how to do something new in it.. I LOVE what can be done with it.. I also love that first one you posted.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I just wanted to share another graphic I made. It's awesome, well IMO. I picked it to center around KingDa Ka, the tallest fastest roller coaster in the world, and one of my personal favorites. It's mascot is a tiger and there the coaster is named after a Tiger they have at the Park. That's why I added a tiger. It's pretty cool. Text is kinda bad, and I guess it's a little crowded.

Sukiwingy, I snooped around PSP and they do have layer modes! That's what I use for this one and it's pretty awesome. Thanks for the tip. It looks alot better then the merging.

graphix attached-

hehe, I'll probably add at least one more tonight that I made. I'm currently making another!
    Attached Images Attached Images