Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My mom got her dog! Pics/help needed

The others are probably right on saluki or ibizan being unlikely and more probably being greyhound mix. I also agree he more than likely is mixed with lab. Just when I saw some of his head on shots, the face made me think of ibizan, but with lab in the mix it could broaden the skull into a wedge more and make that appearance. He sure is cute
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Well, this is the current consensus:
    - Out of about 20 replies, about half think he is not sighthound at all.
    - 2 or 3 think he could have a bit of greyhound/whippet.
    - The others think he is just a thorough mix.

Now, if you have pictures of him running, that would certainly help

Also, have you thought about DNA'ing him?

He sure is a cutie!!!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Hello Handsome Riley! Welcome to PT as a "mom's pup!" You are just a sweet one and have found a great home for yourself!

He doesn't look overly thin to me. As someone else said, I'd just put the food down for 10-15 minutes morning and evening. Set the kitchen timer. To me, a dog jumping bouncing and playing around as these photos suggest he does, is not a weak, ill, underweight pup!

If his energy level is good, he drinks, pees and poops, then he is self monitoring his weight and is fine.

Now digging in mom's garden, that could be a tough challenge to address!

I'll have to take a video of him running. He's pretty quick and it's sorta funny how he jumps around when he plays.

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

I just double checked his pics... adn he somehow reminds me of Glacier´s Ozzy and/or Mac...

could be an Alaskan Husky mix...... look at those legs!!.... and now he doesn´t seem to have that large chest as a sighthoung may have....but then again he could be a race line Alaskan husky/lab mix and still be lean...

and in this pics you can clearly see some huskyish mask...
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

In all honesty, I do see Saluki in him! He's got the same colouring, butt feathers, chest, and legs.

Don't worry about him eating... don't give in to him and feed him human food. When he is hungry enough, he will eat his kibble. You can try adding yogurt or pumpkin to it to entice him enough that he eats it.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Quote Originally Posted by BC_MoM View Post
    In all honesty, I do see Saluki in him! He's got the same colouring, butt feathers, chest, and legs.

Don't worry about him eating... don't give in to him and feed him human food. When he is hungry enough, he will eat his kibble. You can try adding yogurt or pumpkin to it to entice him enough that he eats it.
    You can't really see it in these photos, but his spine/ribs show exactly like that first pic...really boney looking. His tail is long and fluffy too. In the end, it doesn't really matter what breed he is. He's a great dog. It's just nice to know a little about him Plus it would be nice to say he is one of those breeds which are typically thinner just so people don't harass my mom about him being too thin. I know I get a few people telling me Zeke is too thin and I starve him o_O As you can see, he's perfectly healthy looking...

Thanks for the info/advice

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Tell your mom congrats!

He's stunning and looks like such a sweetie pie. I love the pics of him playing with Zeke (btw..we could use some new pictures of him)

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets