Thread: Sally

Sally

It's been almost 2 months since our beloved Sally passed away unexpectedly. We rescued her back in Nov 2007. She was my right hand lady, as I work from home. I miss her sooo much. Her little paws on my chest, the quick little "pooch smooches" (she always managed to get your eye, ear or mouth) and just the routines in general. She came a long way. We house trained her and taught her tricks (even though lay down, would sometimes result in a turn around).

The night she got sick, I slept on the kitchen floor to monitor her. Took her to the pet hospital first thing in the morning. They kept her for x-rays and such. But she didn't make it. I totally thought she'd be coming home that afternoon. She was my baby. I've cried at least once a day since she passed.

Do you ever get over it?

We've looked at getting another dog, but it's just not the same.

I am sorry to read of your loss.

You never forget your dear one, she has made her mark in your memory and on your heart. The pain does ease with time. I still remember each pet I've ever had in my life, back to when I was 5 years old and we got my first dog. I think of all of them daily. But it is more bittersweet now, the ache is softened.

Don't rush to get another pet, wait until you have grieved and do things when YOU feel ready, not by some time table set by others, or by feeling "I'm supposed to be able to do this NOW!" No you aren't, not until you are ready.

Every loss is different, because every pet is different. For one pet, I couldn't even think of another for over a year. For another pet, 6 weeks later I was madly in love with a wee one again. This was not a difference in how MUCH I loved one deceased pet over the other. It is just that time and circumstance, heart and emotions, vary over time, across our lives.

I lost my dog back in June and no, still not over it. I feel the same as you do trust me. I'm sorry for the loss of Sally.

Loosing someone is so..unreal. I still can't believe she's gone to this day, I walk into the house and want to say her name and see that wagging tail but all I see is a small brown box and some ashes. It's my dog, but it's not REALLY her. You will never replace Sally, but you can always open your heart to another dog.

Rest In Peace Sally Play hard at the bridge sweetheart

You will never get over losing her, sadly. Time will ease the pain a little but it's always there. We all know what you're going through. It's so hard. I'm so sorry. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

*Sigh* I'm so sorry for your loss.
    I think I've managed the pain better, but have never gotten over losing my Cody. Beautiful, sweet memories have helped, but not having your dog physically with you hurts like he$$.
    You never replace your dog but you reopen your broken heart to another.

I've been Boooo'd!

I am so sorry for your loss.

I lost my Carly three weeks ago tomorrow. I still find myself looking for her when I get home or listening for her nails clicking on the floor at night and her deep sigh as she goes to sleep. At the strangest moments I well up with tears feeling her loss. But I know that some day I will see my beautiful girl again and she will be healthy and happy.

There is no right or wrong time to find another loved one. It is definitely a very individual thing. Whether you find someone soon or later, you'll know that your beautiful Sally had a hand in helping you. You'll know it's right. And just because you do doesn't mean that you love her any less, she wouldn't want you to live without that kind of unselfish love.

wow. Thanks everyone. Your words have been so kind. Thank you. I miss the clickity clack of her nails on the floor, too. And the stretch and the yawn. And the wiggly wag. And our nicknames for her (Stinky Paw, Little Champion, Poocher). Nothing you can do. At least she made us laugh during the brief time we had her. We had a lot of fun.

Again, thank you all for the kind words.

And I'm sorry for all your losses as well. It stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by pajas View Post
    wow. Thanks everyone. Your words have been so kind. Thank you. I miss the clickity clack of her nails on the floor, too. And the stretch and the yawn. And the wiggly wag. And our nicknames for her (Stinky Paw, Little Champion, Poocher). Nothing you can do. At least she made us laugh during the brief time we had her. We had a lot of fun.

Again, thank you all for the kind words.

And I'm sorry for all your losses as well. It stinks.
    I find that reading such stories as yours help to assuage my own grief. Take the time right now to peruse the other dog and cat memorial threads. It helps; it really does. Trust me on this.