I'm hoping someone can help!

I have a basset hound (Edith) who is about 7-8 years old. She was raised as a kennel dog and when my husband adopted her 4 years ago he was told that she was 3 years old. She had glaucoma in one eye when she was adopted and now has it in both eyes and is completely blind. However, being blind has not affected her behavior. Our main issue is that we recently purchased a new house and will be moving in 3 weeks. I can not allow her to destroy the house so I’m desperately seeking a way to calm her nerves and allow her to stay home without worrying that she ruin the house or hurt herself. When left alone Edith becomes agitated and suffers from high anxiety. When she gets like this (almost ever time she’s left alone) she tries anything and everything to escape. We can leave her for several hours and come home and she is fine (no potty accidents, etc.) and other times we can leave the house for 15-20 min to run to the grocery store and she's done ALL her business and is very agitated. We can not leave her alone in the house without containing her to one room, or she will get into the garbage, lay on the couch, knock things over in her attempt to try and escape. Other than the potty accidents, my biggest concern is her hurting herself while we are away. She is 100% my husbands dog. She loves that man more than I do I think. When my husband leaves the house she will sit at the door and whimper until he returns. Over the 4th of July we contained her in our bedroom because she is terrified of fireworks, while we went to a friends house down the street to watch the fireworks. While we were gone, so was so terrified of the fireworks, that she squeezed herself though 2 cat doors (she weighs 55 lbs and should NOT fit though the cat door) to get out of our bedroom in a panic and ended up locking herself in the downstairs bathroom trying to find an escape route. During another incident, she was so agitated at being left alone, that she ripped the screen out of our bay window and made it outside. Our neighbor called us saying they had found Edith crossing their front yard and put her back into the house and closed our windows. Please help me find away to calm her nerves and leave her in the house without worry!!!