Thread: An Update from me :)

An Update from me :)

(for those that saw it in General...just a continuation to my day...lol...I cant see because the lead burn on my face involved my glasses)

Hey folks --

I know I havent posted in a while, so I thought I would give an update on what I am doing

I've been back home for the summer...working on trying to get Dad's dog to loose some weight (not from overindulgence, but from his epilepsy medicine) and get back in shape. Jay gets a 2 mile run every other day in the morning...and in three weeks you can already see a difference in his energy level.

Ruby has been doing well - really improving in SchH and Obedience and especially in herding since we've moved to doing that twice a week...the herding has really improved her OB. At the UKC Premier she got best female, which gave her the last major she needed for her U-CH. Here's a recent picture of her :

Leo has also earned his U-CH which he did in one weekend at Warrenton, VA. He's got great drives which is awsome in SchH -- but he's downright obstinate in herding...we have yet to find something we can resepct when it comes to herding...which is why his sessions are so short...but his OB is coming along great because I have really been able to tap into his prey drives. He is 10 months old in this picture

I've also started the expensive round on Ruby...her health tests (and some on Leo as well). She's Pennhip .44/.40, her Prelims came back Good and Normal, her BAER was normal, her CERF normal, her Pat Lux normal, her Thyroid results are coming in...and I still need to do the Cardiac....I'll have her Pennhips and OFAs redone at 2yrs at the same time

Leo's gotten the Pennhip....33/.32, his BAER and CERF was normal...and when he turns 1 yr old I'll run the above tests plus the MCR1 gene defect test (Ruby's parents both tested negative for being carriers, so I already know she is clear)...at 2yrs I'll do the same for the OFAs and Pennhips.

And some cool news -- I've had a freewebs site for a while and finally purchased my own site So I'll have that up hopefull in a couple of months (months because I am slow).

And just for anyone interested in Herding -- dont try to walk through sheep...they tend to knock you over...and its especially bad when your dog is dragging a lead and that lead gets round around your head while they're still moving...really...my face is cute right now...not as cute as it was when I got hit with a catapult last year...but its no makeup for me for a few days O.o

~Cate

Good to hear from you! I just your Shepherds. I can't believe how big Leo is. Good luck to Jay on shedding a few pounds.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla