View Poll Results: Where do you purchase pet product?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mass Markets (Target, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, ect.)

22 36.67%
  • Specialty (Petco, Petsmart, other chain pet stores)

41 68.33%
  • Mom & Pop (Local, non chain stores)

25 41.67%
  • Grocery (Same place you shop for food.)

14 23.33%
  • Drug Stores (Jack of all trade stores Longs, Save-Ons, ect.)

4 6.67%
  • Club Stores (Sam's Club, Costco, ect.)

5 8.33%
  • Other (Feel free to share.)

16 26.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where do you buy you pet product

Where do you buy you pet product

Where is the most common place that you buy pet product, you can choose more than one?

I buy from several places... Petsmart for food and few stuff (when I go to the states).... local stores as walmart (we have those here :P) for toys/treats... and the even more local non brand stores for whatever else I find cute...

also I get stuff over the internet.... several places... petedge, ebay, etc as long as they ship to me
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

I guess I should have chosen other. I do buy from our local grocery store. I also go to PetSmart, Huron Pet Supply, and/or Pet Supplies Plus when I'm in the area; and occasionally at Target.

I thought I was getting a bargain at PetSmart with a big bag of dry food. Boy, was I wrong. Same bag in my grocery store was $1 cheaper.

I didn't vote cuz I get my cat food at Pet Supplies Plus (cheaper than the grocery store and they carry my brand) and my litter (Feline Pine) at the grocery store $8.99 as opposed to $10.99-$12.99 at the pet stores.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Cat food, and the rats' food(it is a suebee mix), at Wal-mart... which is one of the only stores in town.
    The dog food we get at a farm supply store in town. I was a bit surprised, yet very happy, to find they carry better brands at low prices.
    We have to travel an hour to the nearest Petco to buy the ferret and bird food.. along with the litter for the rats and ferrets.

I shop online for toys(mainly for the birds), as well.

Gosh, if only one store had everything!

Where don't I purchase pet products from? I work at a pet store so I do pick up stuff here and there at work...usually treats, sometimes toys, collars/leashes, etc. I buy dog food from a local "mom and pop" store because its the only place that carries the brand I've been using. I buy toys and occasionally treats at Target/Wal-mart sometimes...I don't go to those stores specifically to purchase pet products, but if I see something I want I'll get it. I've also bought dog beds from Costco. Basically, if a store carries pet products, I'll definitely look whenever I go there and possibly purchase items. I also order from Pet Edge online a few times a year, I use that mainly for grooming supplies though.

Quote Originally Posted by Oyster View Post
    The dog food we get at a farm supply store in town. I was a bit surprised, yet very happy, to find they carry better brands at low prices.!
    Me too! The Farm, Garden and Pet Supply store I use carries only select brands of dog and cat foods, I was quite surprised!

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_Q View Post
    I also order from Pet Edge online a few times a year, I use that mainly for grooming supplies though.
    Same. I toss in toys and maybe treats, as long as it doesn't build up my shipping fee.
    So if the shipping is $7 for $45 to $65, and my grooming stuff is $61, I'll add odds and ends up to but not over the $65.

Local ("mom & pop") stores & the internet. I buy things at dog shows too when there's one in the city. Oh, and since Dance eats raw, I often buy her food in grocery type stores if there's a good deal.

The only things we get in big chain stores are crickets for the toads and fish food, and only because we can't get those anywhere else.

I buy some of my cats food at an independent pet store called An-Jans Feed & Supply Store and some of it at Pet Food Express. I buy their litter at Petsmart as well as some toys and collars. I've also bought some toys,beds etc. at Target, Big Lots, and a discount pet store called Pet Club. I try to shop for bargains when I can.

Dry food: At the vet's

Canned food: Grocery store &/or specialty store

Litter: Specialty store = Pet Supplies Plus, it is a store brand

Toys/accessories/grooming etc. Mostly online.

I get the dogs' food and Andy's food at a pet supply store which is not a chain so I voted "Mom and Pop store." I buy litter anywhere that I happen to be when I am getting low. I look at pet toys also at any store I happen to be in since I am always looking for the perfect toy that will be a real hit with the furry ones.

depends

Bedding:

Gerbils-Peavy Mart
    Rabbit-Petsmart
    Snakes-its soil and peat moss, we dont have any particular place.

Food:

Gerbils-Petsmart
    Rabbit-Petsmart
    Birds-Petsmart
    Dogs-various
    Snakes-breed/catch our own
    Fish-whoever carries it when we need it.

Toys:

Gerbils-various, we dont buy to many "gerbil toys" we find stuff that looks like it will make a good Gerbil toy and use it. we have pipes from peavy mart, planters from the dollar store etc..
    Rabbit-petsmart for some, other are just old teddys, cardboard boxes, golf balls etc..
    Dogs-umm nowhere specific, sometimes the dollar store, petsmart, small shops...
    Birds-Wallmart, petsmart, some I make myself...

other supplies:

whoever carries what we need, when we need it. not much choice available to us. we may be a major city,but we are not the least but animal orintated, its annoying.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

My parents buy Niño's kibble at the grocery store, I buy Oslo's food and litter at Petsmart, but next week when I move I'll probably switch him to whatever feed is at Theisen's Country Store.

For toys, it's usually whenever I see a good one on sale. That may be Petsmart, Target, Walgreens or Walmart.
    Last edited by Suki Wingy; 09-24-2008 at 01:02 PM. Reason: typos

Niño & Eliza

Bedding: Costco (Their's seem to last the longest, are very durable, and repell those doggy odors.)

Food/Toys/Collars & Leashes/Grooming Supplies: Petco, PetSmart

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Zippy and Pumpkin's suppiles at Petsmart and Walmart
    Liberty's suppiles at Walmart
    Piglet's at Petsmart and Walmart
    Squeekie and Sweet P.at petsmart and walmart
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010