Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the limit on dogs you can own?

Dog Limit in 'my' area

Quote Originally Posted by lute View Post
    We don't have a limit here for the amount of dogs you can have. Right now I'm at my comfortable limit of four pups. If there was a rescue pup that needed a temporary place to stay we could make room.
    Hello,

New here (I'm sure you noticed LOL) but I also live in Indiana. Can you tell me if the dog limit number is for your area of Indiana only? I want to find out what, if any, the limit is for my area... but I don't want to call attention to myself in case I am over the limit. I have 4 Bichon Frise- which is soon to be 5. My lot is small (city) but my home is large and that is where they live. I'm in Henry County.

Thanks for any help!

Small Town Sim

Quote Originally Posted by SmallTownSim View Post
    Hello,

New here (I'm sure you noticed LOL) but I also live in Indiana. Can you tell me if the dog limit number is for your area of Indiana only? I want to find out what, if any, the limit is for my area... but I don't want to call attention to myself in case I am over the limit. I have 4 Bichon Frise- which is soon to be 5. My lot is small (city) but my home is large and that is where they live. I'm in Henry County.

Thanks for any help!

Small Town Sim
    I live in Pike Co. In the middle of nowhere. You can google your town animal laws and find out if your area has a limit. If you can't find it that way just call your city hall and they can tell you. You won't get in trouble for asking.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

The city I am in allows you to own 4 dogs. I currently only have 3.

the law here states you are only suppose to have 3 dogs if you live in town but i had 7 at once and they never blinked an eye.
    alot of people around here have 4 or more dogs.
    it just depends on how strict your animal control is

I'm not sure what the limit is here. However, we have had 5 that were all licensed and nobody ever said anything. Animal control even had to come over a few times (neighbor HATED us, we believe they also poisoned our cat), and they never said anything about the number of dogs we had.

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

thanks everyone!

i ended up called the animal shelter. he said that 'in county' there is no limit but 'in city' it is four pets. whether it is 4 cats or 4 dogs or some other combination... four. But you can get a kennel license if you want more than that- but he didn't know any specifics- he said i would have to speak to someone else. any way, got my answer and i appreciate you all!

Small Town Sim