Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What does your dog say?

What does your dog say?

On cartoons or in writing our dogs are portrayed as saying things like, "woof" "Ruff" "arf" and of course "Bow-wow." I have noticed that all of my dogs have said different things, and no one has ever said "bow-wow." LOL.

Peaches very definitely said "auf", it wasn't "arf," it was "auf" or maybe she would spell it "ahf." Twice in her life she actually said "bark." It was the funniest thing; she was looking out the window that faced the parking lot both times and she said it so clearly it was like she was reading it off of a license plate.

The closest sound for Ginger would would be "woof." But when she is really angry at someone outside it is more like "wwrroof."

And then there is Taz. He is sooo funny. He makes me laugh when he starts barking because it always starts out like, "ooh ooh ooh." It reminds me of a comdian on the old Joey Bishop show (does anyone have any idea who Joey Bishop is? lol ). After he gets his motor going it sounds more like "ref ref," but he always makes me laugh when he starts. Poor little guy, no respect.

So what do your dogs say?

Cute thread idea Joyce .

Tinny is definitely a Woo Woo girl.... actually that is what i call her most of the time 'Woo' LOL.

Clover is a woofer & when she gets excited she Woo's too.

Elvis is a howler so... arooooooow.

Harri is a yapper... yip yip yap grrrr.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger's Mom View Post

And then there is Taz. starts barking because it always starts out like, "ooh ooh ooh."

anyone have any idea who Joey Bishop is? lol ).
    haha! As I started reading this I thought....well, Bella definitely goes woof, woof and it is often under her breath so to speak, with only the presence of critters in the yard (or the UPS man) causing it to escalate. Then I thought, how in the word am I going to describe Ripley? When I got to your comments about Taz I thought - that's it! That is exactly what he sounds like - starts off with Ooh Ooh Ooh and then proceeds more to a real bark like ROO ROO ROO. Hubby calls it piercing at times. LOL! And yes I know who Joey Bishop is!

What a cute thread!

Chloe whines. I guess you would spell it "hummmmm hummmm." Just in a high pitched voice. She doesn't really bark. You'd think she was a chihuahua.

Beanie only barks when someone is at the door. He says "yap yap yap!"

Gracie is debarked, so she talks in a whisper. She says "awhoooooooooo"

Tallon is the louded dog I've got. He has a sharp sounding bark. He says "ARF...ARF!...ARF!!!!"
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by cloverfdx View Post
    Harri is a yapper... yip yip yap grrrr.
    Hehehe, I must admit I started laughing when I got to the grrr. I used to know a dog that ended every sentence that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    haha! As I started reading this I thought....well, Bella definitely goes woof, woof and it is often under her breath so to speak, with only the presence of critters in the yard (or the UPS man) causing it to escalate. Then I thought, how in the word am I going to describe Ripley? When I got to your comments about Taz I thought - that's it! That is exactly what he sounds like - starts off with Ooh Ooh Ooh and then proceeds more to a real bark like ROO ROO ROO. Hubby calls it piercing at times. LOL!
    OMGosh, Pam I think we have the same dogs. Haha. Ginger is the same way, she will start out under her breath too, and if the "intruder" be it human or animal, doesn't move on fast enough she will start barking.
    And yes I know who Joey Bishop is!
    Is that because we are from Philly, or because we are among the more um...mature, Pet Talkers?
    Quote Originally Posted by lute View Post
    Chloe whines. I guess you would spell it "hummmmm hummmm." Just in a high pitched voice. She doesn't really bark. You'd think she was a chihuahua.
    How old is Chloe? Is she still sort of young? You reminded me that Ginger used to do this high pitched whine all of the time. It would drive me crazy, I would tell her to stop crying. Now that she has found her bark I am not sure which I perfer.

Lacey, arr arr, and it is too high pitched. She can also make motorboat sounds , like buh, buh, buh buh.
    Layla, definitely woof, woof. She makes siren noises when she wants something one of the other pups has. Like arrah, arrah, arrah, very high pitched, could almost break glass.
    Jake, arf, arf, unless he's upset, then it turns to arroooo! He can even howl.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Is that because we are from Philly, or because we are among the more um...mature, Pet Talkers?
    Probably a little of each! Who could forget the Rat Pack - Dean, Frank, Peter, Sammy and Joey!

How old is Chloe? Is she still sort of young? You reminded me that Ginger used to do this high pitched whine all of the time. It would drive me crazy, I would tell her to stop crying. Now that she has found her bark I am not sure which I perfer.
    Chloe is goin on two years old. She's just a fuss bucket.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

I dont think I have actually heard Alize' really bark...
    Her noise is very different, and she has done it since she was about 5 weeks old. I have no idea how to describe it though.. I'll have to see if I can record her doing it, because she does it ALL the time.
    Some people think it sounds like she is growling, but she does it any time she is excited, or has a toy in her mouth, or wants to play.. etc. It's really cute.

Deebo mostly barks "under his breath"... Or at least thats what we call it.. Rff Rff Rfff. When he really gets going though he says "Ra Rarr raarraar RarRaRaraRR" lol. He has a deep bark to be so tiny.

Charlie is DEFINITELY a "aaaa-woo-wooo-wooo-wooo!" dog!

Jamie is just a chatterbox! She also likes to mostly bark "under her breath", which sounds more like a snort than a bark to me.

facebook

Shawnee is my only dog that talks and she sounds exactly like Jerry Lee from the movie K-9. Not sure if that's a German Shepherd trait er what, but they gotta be cousins somehow.

Hector barks like a seal. Very strange.
    Tatum has the standard roof roof roof roof roof bark.

Daisy has a real deep bark too. It's surprising to hear the sound that she makes. She talks and you can understand her. When I get home, she howls and says, "I Love You Mama". When speaking to a cat.........well........I can't repeat that here

Delilah has more of a yappy tone. When she barks too much I tell her to tone it down if it isn't anything serious and she is going on and on. Then she starts what I call boofing........boof boof boof. I call her Delilah Boofington.

Sometimes I have the Boofington Sisters

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Hmmm.... I will need to listen more carefully Of course, I have her howl down...but I can't describe the bark yet.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamparkingspace View Post
    Hector barks like a seal. Very strange.
    Those types of barks always make me laugh, they always sound so much more urgent than a normal bark. I think it may be part of the chase in the hunt that makes beagles bark like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah View Post
    Daisy has a real deep bark too. It's surprising to hear the sound that she makes. She talks and you can understand her. When I get home, she howls and says, "I Love You Mama". When speaking to a cat.........well........I can't repeat that here

Sometimes I have the Boofington Sisters
    Really, that is funny, Daisy is so little. Taz has a big bark for his size too. Ooh, I want to hear her say "I love you" and I want to hear what she says to the kitty-kitty, too.

Boofington sisters, hehehe.

Oh I love this thread!!

Sierra's is always a dramatic Arooo Wooo Woooooooooo

Translation: "OMG... yoooou left meee here alone alllll daaaaaay loooooong"

While Buddy's is a BARK BARK … and believe me, he means every decibel of it!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome