Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Harley (Lady's Son)

Unhappy RIP Harley (Lady's Son)

I know I have not posted on PT in a really long time, and I am sorry. I hate to have this be my first returning post, but I wanted to share this with all of you. This saddens me so much. As many of you know the story of Harley, but for those that don't you can see the thread here.

I have not heard from the family since May. I have been trying to get a hold of them, I have called, sent emails, and even went there, but no luck. I finally sent another email today only to find out this:

Oh Tracy -- I'm crying as I'm typing you this email, as he died a couple of weeks ago. Al and I feel horrible that we haven't contacted you, but we've had alot of personal problems, as well as dealing with losing him. He seemed to be doing okay, but not really gaining weight as much as we would've liked. It was a couple of Thursday's ago he was throwing up and we really didn't think nothing of it, thinking he maybe ate some grass or something outside. He seemed really tired that night and I put him in his cage and on Friday morning when Al got home from work and went to take him out, he was gone. The girls and us have been really having a hard time with it and find it very difficult to talk about, still, 2 weeks later. Thank God for Al's parents, as they let us bury him in their backyard and we are literally at their house every day!! His mom ordered a stone for him and the girls throw flowers where he's buried when they are at the house. It's very sad, but he just wasn't the same dog after that surgery. I so appreciate all the help that Scottsdale gave him and yes, we are focusing on paying them some monies within this upcoming week. We feel bad about that.

So, I hate to tell you this in an email, but we have a really hard time talking about it. Molly and Reba definitely know he's gone as we put away his cage and they lay where his cage used to be. We have alot of fond memories of Harley and we miss him tremendously!!
    I just wish she would have called me. I would have wanted to be there when they buried him. He was such a great dog and I will miss him dearly.

Harley, please say hello to your mama for me and tell her i am sorry for all you both endured. I love you both.

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

How very sad. I am so sorry, Tracey. RIP Harley.

Harley, sweetheart, run fast to your momma on the Bridge. {{{{{{{{Tracy}}}}}}}}}}
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

OMG... how sad.

Run free now with your mom sweetie.

You were taken from this earth far to early.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Oh no!! I am in tears as well. I thought for sure he'd make it after the surgery. Well, we can rest easy in the fact that he is not in pain any longer and he is with his mother now too.

Tracy, I'm sorry they didn't contact you. I know it is a difficult time for them. You did so much for Lady and her pups. And I'm sure they know it.

RIP Harley
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I'm so sorry, how sad. Run and play at the Rainbow Bridge Harley.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

So sorry for the loss of Harley.

Have a lovely time with your mommy sweet boy.

Know that we all loved you very much, even from afar.

Look up my dear Sami, she'd be a great pal.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

That breaks my heart. I am sure she was just afraid to tell you. Rest in peace gorgeous Harley.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Thank you everybody for your wonderful words. I really appreciate it...and I know Harley does too. I am sure Harley and Lady are looking down on all of us with wagging tails. I am not mad that I found out about Harley's passing after it happened. I just wish they would have kept up with the vet. I spoke with my vet today and found out they never brought Harley back for any check ups or called returned numerous messages from the vet. I do not know why, but they, in my opinion, did not properly care for Harley after the staples came out.the family was warned after the staples were removed that Harley was still in danger and needed weekly check up and weight reports. It just saddens me to think that this may have been prevented. Harley was just over a year old, just a pup. I know this is my anger speaking, but I feel they did not do their part for their "son". I feel responsible....I promised Lady I would take care of her pups and make sure they are safe.

I am so sorry Lady and Harley....but at least I know that you are both together and I am sure the reunion was a great one. Run, play, and jump hard. You are both free. Please know that I miss you both and that you will forever be in my heart.

www.rornfp.org

I wasn`t familiar with Harley`s story so I read the thread you linked to above before I posted. What a sad tale, with what could have been a very bright outcome. I`m glad to hear that he was, however, able to at least make it through the ordeal in the first place, and was able to hold down food and make it through once the stitches were placed. How sad to hear that this story had a tragic ending.. and so young as well.

I don`t think you have let Lady down, Tracy. Not at all. I would be hurt too if I didn`t receive a call or notice for awhile, but I also know people grieve in different ways. And it seems to me that perhaps they should have brought Harley back for check-ups, but what`s done has been done. Whatever the case, Harley`s "family" seems very broken up about this, and I assume they are grieving as much as you. Hugs and prayers to all of you.

Rest in peace, Harley. You`re finally reunited with your momma, Lady, and I`m sure you are showing her all the great tricks and things you`ve learned. I`m sure she is enjoying your company and is glad to see you again, and was probably rooting for you from the RB throughout your ordeal. And make sure not to eat that much garbage up there, sweet boy. It may not *hurt* you, but surely there`s many better tasting foods up there where you are.
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

RIP Harley. I am a bit in shock at this development, so can't really say more.

RIP Harley. I am so sorry, Traci, but really you did so MUCH for Lady AND her pups. It is just possible that God needed Harley for a special mission at the Bridge, and his life on this earth was just not meant to be. In which case, he was here longer than he should have been, with your help and blessings. Maybe he had to take a message to that adoptive family before he left. We really don't know the whole picture; but we do know he is safe now, and had a much better time of it here because of you. So please, don't feel guilt. HUGS to you, Traci.

Oh, what a handsome pup.
    Rest Easy, Harley.

I'm so very sorry, Tracy.

I'm thinking that Lady needed one of her babes with her, and Harley was it. They are both fine now, and will be together for all eternity.

Thank you everybody for your kind words. It means so much. I know Harley is at peace now. Thank you again.

www.rornfp.org