Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waving Hello to Everyone

Waving Hello to Everyone

Hi,
    I was cordially invited to join Pet Talk by luvpets2002, here I am........

I'm just a real old gal born in Los Angeles but left many years ago for the country life and have spent the past few years in the Missouri Ozarks. Out in the boonies on a small hobby farm.

I have owned and raised also almost every type of domestic animal, from pet rats to Llamas and everything inbetween. I have calmed down and now only have 5 dogs......Jrt cross, GSD, Newfoundland and 2 Pem Welsh Corgis. Also, am owned by a Blue & Gold macaw and 2 cockatiels. The barnyard now only consists of 8 chickens. I have 4 grown children who all live in other states and 4 grandchildren.

I make an sell dog/cat pads and a few other sewn items that are pet related and spend the rest of my time working in the yards and relaxing.

Not too exciting, but that about covers it.

Glad to meet everyone!

Carole
    Truegrit Farm

Hello Carole and welcome to PT.
    You can see my pets in the siggy below. I was raised out in the country with lots of animals. I do miss that life every now and then.
    Well in case luvpets2002 didn't tell you, we pictures here. So we'd love to see your animals, even the chickens!
    Have fun browsing this site and if you didn't already know it is VERY addicting.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Hi Carole I see you made it.. Welcome to Pet Talk & enjoy all the talks & pics.. One thing about it we all love our babies.. Hope you enjoy it here & feel welcome.. Oh yes alot of us here is country.. Like they say you can take a person out of the country but can never take the country out of a person..
    Last edited by lvpets2002; 07-31-2008 at 03:49 PM.

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Hello and Welcome to PT, Carole!
    I'm glad to see another bird owner on the forum, I guess you can say I am a bit of a bird enthusiast.
    I don't know what part of the ozarks you are in, but Missouri is a beautiful place(especially in the Fall). I live on the Arkansas-Missouri border, and feel blessed to be located where I am.
    I hope you have a nice stay.

Hello and welcome, Imadognut! I hope you'll be very happy here!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

"A real old gal???" Shh, don't tell! This is the Internet, he hee..

Hi there and welcome! I'm Sandie. I live in RI with my flock of bichons (4) and clowder of cats (11). All 15 are rescue pets, none from pet stores, or breeders. A few foundlings among the cats. The bichons are from either Small Paws Rescue, or from the local city pound -- Lacey, age 6. The ones from SPR are Sugar, 11 years old, Marlin, 9 years, and Ozzy who is "at least 15." two years ago, I only had 5 cats, so the family grew rather rapidly!

Yes as someone else has mentioned, we LOVE photos, so do please rev up that camera and start showing off your dear feather and fur kids!

(Yes, you CAN count, one cat has not been added to my siggy yet.)

Hi Oyster, we might be pretty close to each other. I am not far from the MO/AR border and my husband still has a home in the Harrison, AR area are you near there?

The parrots are very special that's for sure, what kind do you have?

OMG you have not seen nothing yet till you see this lady's Pet Bed/Mats.. They are Awesome.. I have personaly bought several & am buying lots more..

<Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I don't know if this will work, but I have uploaded a pic of Bingo my blue & gold macaw. He is 12 years old and I've had him since he was 8 months just weaned.........
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Welcome to Pet Talk. I must admit that a couple of times while looking quickly I read your screen name as Imadoughnut. Which I like too. Hope you like it here at Pet Talk. I have two dogs: Ginger (an American Eskimo mix) and Taz (a chihuahua mix), both rescued pups. Look forward to seeing pics of your fur and feathered family.

Sandy, I didn't realize that Lacey was the one from the shelter, and I also didn't realize that she was the youngest. No wonder she is so spunky, I love it.

ETA: Wow, those mats are really nice!

Quote Originally Posted by imadognut View Post
    Hi Oyster, we might be pretty close to each other. I am not far from the MO/AR border and my husband still has a home in the Harrison, AR area are you near there?

The parrots are very special that's for sure, what kind do you have?
    I have been to Harrison a time or two, but I live about 3 hours (just about) directly east. I'm closer to the boothill of MO. I do a ton of traveling throughout the area, though, as all of my family is in MO.

As for my birds, I have 2 Cockatiels, a Quaker, and an Indian Ringneck. I think I am safe with saying that they are some of the most amazing animals I have owned. Bingo is a beautiful B&G... definitely my favorite macaw breed, and my 1st choice if I get another parrot.

Blushing here, but thank you so much luvpets2002!!! Your next batch will be on the way to you tomorrow, btw

As they say word of mouth will go along way. Very grateful!

Carole
    Truegrit Farm

Welcome to Pet Talk, with that gang, sounds like you'll fit right in here!
    I've Been Frosted

Oyster.........I am closer to you than Harrison. I live just north of Gainesville which is about in the middle of the MO/AR border area.

My tiels are both boys and they are so entertaining we just crack up at them a million times a day. Their names are Flippy and Twisty..........

Quote Originally Posted by imadognut View Post
    I don't know if this will work, but I have uploaded a pic of Bingo my blue & gold macaw. He is 12 years old and I've had him since he was 8 months just weaned.........
    Wow Carole Bingo is So Adorable & BreathTaken with Beauty.. Cant wait to see your other babies..