Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Willow Oak

We had a pettalk member lose a pup and she is the most responsible dog owner I know, stuff happens. It tore her heart out of her while her pup was gone, hopefully willie doesn't have a suffering owner but I am sure glad you are helping him out in the interim.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Dan let me know in a PM that he has made some inquiries and calls, and so far no one has heard of anyone missing a pup.

It is sad, but especially being found where he was, Willie may have been dumped. Dachshunds are a lot of dog in a small body, and some people get them not knowing that. Why don't people do their research? I know, good people, Pet Talkers, do.

The picture of Grace and her pups is SO cute. Poor girl, if she had to give birth to them out in the open. What luck that you came by! She really seems to enjoy running around with the others. Let's hope that the pups in the shelter find loving homes.

As for Willie, he is simply adorable! I believe you have done the right thing, a pup out in nowhere at 5 in the morning - what else could you do, but take him home! It may be that someone has lost him, but you would expect them to have contacted a shelter by now - and I know you have asked around.

I doubt many would have stopped, or even noticed the pup on their way to work at 5 in the morning, and driven 10 miles back to put him in safety. So well done, Dan!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    The picture of Grace and her pups is SO cute. Poor girl, if she had to give birth to them out in the open. What luck that you came by! She really seems to enjoy running around with the others. Let's hope that the pups in the shelter find loving homes.

As for Willie, he is simply adorable! I believe you have done the right thing, a pup out in nowhere at 5 in the morning - what else could you do, but take him home! It may be that someone has lost him, but you would expect them to have contacted a shelter by now - and I know you have asked around.

I doubt many would have stopped, or even noticed the pup on their way to work at 5 in the morning, and driven 10 miles back to put him in safety. So well done, Dan!
    Dan, whether Willie was lost or strayed by choice, thank you for doing the right thing by him. He is a beautiful little guy and deserves a good home

I love the photo of Grace and Taz running along together and suspect she will see to it that he grows up to be a fine young man
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Still a bad influence

One kind Pet Talker member recently accused me of giving animal rights people a bad name. Well, it looks like I've continued my very bad ways. I am constantly preaching the virtues of animal adoption to people I meet and with whom I work. "Adopt from the shelter," I say. "Phooey on designer dogs and cats!"

On yesterday, one of the developers with whom I work informed me that he and his wife decided to follow my advice and adopt an animal from the Memphis animal shelter. They got a cat. It just so happens that while they were filling out the papers, the shelter manager found out that the cat had been scheduled for euthanization several weeks ago. The paperwork had evidently been misplaced and was only found when my coworker and his wife went to collect the cat.

Hm...

They named her Zanne:

congrats to your co-worker!
    she's a beauty!
    She should have been named LUCKY!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

What a beautiful young lady. She doesn't look too sure of herself yet in the pictures. It is almost like she is saying "is this a joke? or are they really going to give me a home?"

I hope she gets the loving she deserves. Good on them for adopting from a shelter and just in time!!