Thread: Posting photos in the message body

Posting photos in the message body

Hi kids,

I've always thought of myself as a reasonably bright woman, but I am just not getting the hang of putting photos into the body of the message itself.

The best I've been able to do is to attach a photo to the message, and then it shows up as a thumbnail on the bottom.

And as to the siggy pictures -- how have you all managed to upload those? I have been trying to put a picture of my furkids as my signature picture, and regardless of how tiny I make the file, I get the "too large" message that won't let me attach.

There's obviously something I'm missing here, because I know the gorgeous signature creations many of you have are surely bigger files than the one I'm messing with.

Ideas, anyone?

Thanks,
    Diana

You can upload your pics to photobucket.com if you`d like. That`s what I use, and I`m sure a bunch of others here use it too. It`s free, and there`s tons of options including editing, cropping and resizing.
    If you use it, once you`ve uploaded them, under the photo you`d like to post there will be a few different scripts.. like e-mail, direct link, etc. The last one says IMG code, and if you highlight that and copy it, all you have to do is paste it onto PT and voila! Sigs work the same way.

Here`s a picture if it helps:
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

Okay, first, your pictures need to be on the Internet somewhere - Britt mentioned photobucket as one place. Also make sure they are a jpg file. Can you email me the image you were trying to use as your signature? Remember to use some compression, we like folks to keep their signature images to 25k or less.

There a nice tutorial here, just use photobucket instead of Imagestation, as they closed.
    I've Been Frosted

I use a free photobucket account as well.

Just an idea: develop a "filing system." Initially I just uploaded photos. It ends up like a huge ile drawer with a ton of pictures tossed in there!

So now I have a 2007 album and a 2008 album. In the "year" album, I do not put ANY photos. Under that album, I put sub albums, using the date I post the pics on here, and a tag (June 25 cats on bed, May 4 dogs in backyard) stuff like that.

Take a moment now to set it up and in the future you will be SO glad you did!

Thanks, all, for the Photobucket suggestion. That was my main problem -- I didn't have a URL for my photos.

Now that I've got that taken care of, I should be fine; believe it or not, I'm actually moderately competent with computers & photographs! So Karen, I ought to be able to take it from here on my own, but I greatly appreciate your offer of assistance -- especially with all the other stuff you have to do.

As usual, y'all are the best! Thanks again for the advice.

Hugs,
    Diana