Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rusty's not good

How's Rusty doing?
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

He's alright, not too good, but fine. He ethier peeded or threw up this morning, we found some liquid on the floor :/

He ate a slice of boloni (sp?) and some small pieces of porkchop and a tiny bit of milkshake. But, those are the only things he wanted to eat. My dad smashed up the pill (he needed to take) and put some into his water then some into the milkshake.

He still isn't fully himself, he walks around with his tail down and just wants to lay down all day. I hate being home to see him like this, so I'm usually out.

Hopefully he'll be back to normal soon, I hope.

I hope he is better soon. Poor guy.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

So Rusty went to the vet again today. They took some bloodwork to see if there might be some other problems.

He is still skiddish, he doesn't wag his tail much and lays around all day.

But at vets he did try to go after a dog, he was crying and trying to get at it. He was also wagging his tail at these two little kids in the waiting room though. He just needs to start eating.

Tonight he ate 6 pieces (it was cut into slices) of sausage, and some pediasure drink. So atleast he has some food in his system.

The vet said he could maybe even a month without eating, it wouldn't be good. But, is he refused to eat he'd be able to do it, since the fat would be there.

Hopefully he'll eat soon, and get back to normal. I don't think he'll ever be able to fully do what he use to though after this, since he use to chase animals in the yard and such which isn't good to do anymore since he could hurt himself.

Ah geez Rusty, I was hoping you were feeling better. Try to eat buddy. Hopefully soon you'll be just a bit back to yourself.
    Forever in my heart...

Still thinking of Rusty. Come on boy eat a good hearty meal. Hope you feel better soon. ((hugs))
    ~Traci, Duke, Champ, Chopper and Ryleigh

On occasion I have been know to speak Chopperese.

Glad to hear the vet was able to help him.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Thanks for all the thoughts guys.

Well, the vets got the blood results back and the levels were kind of off so he has an infection. So they are going to give us antibiotics to put him on and if they don't help or he doesn't eat them and such he'll have to go in for the UV intervenus antibiotics.

So him being werid now might be from the infection rather than the disk. He just likes to lay around and refuses basically everything. He turns his head away as if its posion, and all the food were his favorites (ham, ice cream, cookies, cake, hot dog, etc.) And if hes not going to eat that, he's definately not going to eat his normal dog food.

Well, Rusty has not been drinking water since like 3 ish. It seems as if he can't do it, since we gave him some in a turkey baster thingy (like a medicine dropper, but holds more) and he was like licking for it. (We crushed up the anti-biotics in it.

He may have a cold too because he paints cuz he can't breathe through his nose, its completely dry.

I'll just update for anyone who wanted to know what up with Rusty. He's better now, since yesterday I just didn't feel like updating since noone asked for it.

But he is getting better. We think he got the infection at the vets, and they think it too but won't admit it in case they lose business. Since, when we were worried they were like 'oh, don't worry about it, he'll be fine' and maybe other dogs that went there got it and they knew he'd get really sick but would live. He is now eating food, and drinking water. He is greeting us when we come home and is eating his treat from that. Yesterday, he had his first bone *since the begginning of this thread*. So hopefully he is getting better. The blockage in his nose *which was why he was breathing heavily, since he couldn't through his nose* is clearing up. He has been sneezing alot, which has cleared it up.

It'd great to hear Rusty is feeling better and eating and drinking! Keep on getting better Rusty!
    Forever in my heart...

Quote Originally Posted by I_luv_rusty View Post
    I'll just update for anyone who wanted to know what up with Rusty. He's better now, since yesterday I just didn't feel like updating since noone asked for it.

But he is getting better. We think he got the infection at the vets, and they think it too but won't admit it in case they lose business. Since, when we were worried they were like 'oh, don't worry about it, he'll be fine' and maybe other dogs that went there got it and they knew he'd get really sick but would live. He is now eating food, and drinking water. He is greeting us when we come home and is eating his treat from that. Yesterday, he had his first bone *since the begginning of this thread*. So hopefully he is getting better. The blockage in his nose *which was why he was breathing heavily, since he couldn't through his nose* is clearing up. He has been sneezing alot, which has cleared it up.

I don't post much, but I have been following the story... I'm glad hes getting better!

Woo hoo! Glad to hear Rusty is feeling better.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I am glad to hear that Rusty is feeling better. I am sure that makes you feel better, too.

Hey guys, just wanted to update you a little.

Rusty is still going good

He just has a werid bark now sometimes when he bark lol. Maybe from the steriod shot? I don't know, but it doesn't matter.

He been getting up the stairs, he keeps knocking down the cardboard barrier we put to keep him from coming up.

The other day he got a little weird. I came home, and I had been over a friend's house who had a dog. He kept smelling me then I was laying down on my bed, and came right up to me and starting humping me. I don't know what had got in to him haha. He hasn't done that to anyone, or anything in a really long time.