Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New addition!

New addition!

I know I don't post much, but I wanted to introduce our newest addition to you all.

My ex-boss/friend, Anne, is retiring and selling the "Inn" (pet boarding facility) I used to work at. She's selling it to a great vet tech we've both known for years!

Back in 2001 the inn got a resident cat, quite by accident. Sophia was a cat that Anne's friend had adopted from the local pound. Sophia had been a "trouble" cat and been adopted and returned to the pound a few times. The woman who adopted her has the biggest heart and thought she could help Sophia, but Sophia gave her trouble too. She freaks inside houses, I mean freaks. She pees everywhere and goes completely bonkers. At first the woman assumed Sophia would settle in, but months later everything was the same. She was either hiding (and peeing) under the bed or she was freaking out and going bonkers. The woman didn't know what to do so she called Anne. Anne offered to keep Sophia at the Inn for a little while until we could come up with an idea for her. Sophia was estimated to be about 6 years old at that point, where she spent her first few years is beyond me. Sophia was really mellow at the Inn. We saw no sign of this "crazy" cat that had been returned to the pound multiple times. We started letting her walk around our office area and she was the sweetest cat. We eventually let her walk around the bird room, she loved it and never once bothered the birds! We eventually moved her bed, food, and litter into the bird room and that became her home.

Now, 7 years later, Anne is retiring and selling the Inn. I've been gone from the Inn for 2 years, but I stay in close contact with Anne. The question of what to do with Sophia came up with great concern. Do we "sell" her with the Inn? Do we rehome her? Anne felt she should take Sophia home to her house as she is her cat and she loves her. We were concerned Sophia would return to her old habits though. We were also worried because Anne has a very active house (a border collie, chow mix, a whippet, multiple cats, and birds). We then decided that bringing her to live with us would probably work best. Sophia knows me well, though she hasn't seen me much in the past 2 years since I left the Inn, it's always obvious that she remembers me. We have a bird room, not too unlike the one she's used to. It's a big spacious room with a big window. We spend a lot of time in there and our other cats and dogs aren't allowed in there.

We Picked her up Thursday evening. Thursday night and Friday morning she wanted to stay in her crate, but by Friday afternoon she had ventured out a little. She hasn't walked around and investigated the whole room yet, but she's getting there. She hasn't eaten much yet, but she has eaten! She's also used the litter box!

My hopes are that she'll eventually transition into the main part of the house, but for now I think she's going to do well in the bird room. Nathan (my 15 month old son) loves watching her, but we've not let him touch her yet. He'll want to hug her and I know Sophia isn't near ready for that.

Here's Sophia- (The picture was taken yesterday morning before she ventured out of the crate)
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Awee she is so Adorable.. Welcome New wittle one to PT.. I know you will settle in just fine.. Congrates to your new furrever home..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

AWWW! WHAT A GORGEOUS NEW ADDITION SOPHIA IS, AND WE KNOW THAT SHES JUST GOINGTO LOVE HER NEW HOME, AND PET FRIENDS.
    BLESS YOU FOR TAKING IN A MATURE CAT, SHE WILL REPAY YOU MANY MANY TIMES IN LOVE AND COMPANIONSHIP.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Awww, what a pretty scaredy kitty. I hope she settles in well!
    I've Been Frosted

What a sweetie! Hopefully she'll feel safe and not freak out and go bonkers and pee all over your house, lol!

Gentle hugs and pets to Sophia (when she's ready for them), and hugs to you for taking a senior kitty into your home!

Congrats!!! She sure is a pretty girl and I hope that she'll feel comfortable in your home. At least you have a bird room for her so this should help make the transition much easier. Good luck.

Sophia is a beautiful kitty!

Hello, Sophia....let your new meowmy love you...it's ok beautiful girl, you're safe.

She is gorgeous! How is she doing today?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Thank you all for your sweet comments. Sophia is slowly settling in. She ate very little during the day yesterday, but she ate quite a bit in the night. She's used the litter box a few times too! The best part is that she's starting to investigate the room more. She's "sneaking" around the room, but it's good to see her checking things out. I'm sure after she sees that everything is safe she'll no longer feel the need to sneak.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Aw, pretty girl. She'll be right at home in no time.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

She's so pretty. I hope things are going well for her and she is settled in soon.

From Decker with Love

Ohh... sweetie, you don't have to be afraid!
    You've found yourself the best kind of person to take you in!
    A PT PERSON! None better in the world!

It's so heartbreaking to see such a sad face on such a pretty girl!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Sophia is very gorgeous. Glad to hear that she`s settling in, and that you and Anne made the best decision for her well-being. Hope that all continues to go well.
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaix
    He'll want to hug her and I know Sophia isn't near ready for that.
    I want to hug her, too! She's beautiful! Welcome, Sophia!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

AWWW........if only she knew how great her life was about to become! She wouldn't be scared at all