Thread: Jivelli (Foster Dog)

Jivelli (Foster Dog)

I just received an e-mail from the Eskie rescue coordinator in my area that one of my old foster's had to be sent to the bridge this morning. Major LES. Jivi was our second longest boarder she was with us for six weeks, I think. What a special girl she was! Jivi (called Jilly by her new family) was turned in to rescue at age 10, I think, because her owner went into a nursing home. The lady's daughter did try to keep Jivelli, but it just didn't work out, Jivi disrupted the home too much (especially when there were thunderstorms), so she was tearfully handed over with her toys, bowls, treat jars, and blankie. Jivi was a bigger than normal Eskie, a little bigger than Ginger, and a girl with a mind of her own. She loved every person she ever met, no matter what age, tolerated some dogs as long as they knew she was in charge, and loved to chase cats. She certainly livened up our lives. We were lucky that, although her new family is several states away, they were great about keeping everyone updated on how she was doing.

Apparently Jilly wasn't acting right this morning and her family were concerned enough that they took her in to the vet. An x-ray showed a large mass on her liver and it was decided to put her to rest peacefully. I do not know anything more than that. But I cannot believe how much it hurts. I believe Jilly was 14 years old.

RIP sweetie, you touched a lot of hearts. I would include a picture of Jivi, but I didn't have a digital camera at that time. Maybe I will see if I can take a picture of one of the pictures that I have of her (no scanner).

What a sweet tale for a certainly sweet pup. So sad that her original caretaker`s daughter was unable to keep her, but glad that she did the right thing and ensured that Jivelli would be receiving love and affection in a new home where perhaps she would be better suited. And how nice that you were able to be a part of that transition, and able to see how special she was. How sad that she was called up to the RB.
    Rest in peace, sweet Jivelli. You lived a long life, and fortunately were loved by the many who had the pleasure of meeting you. If you see my Lady up there, she would be more than happy to play with you and show you around.
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

Even though they are only with us for a short time, they still impact the forever.

RIP Jivelli/Jivi/Jilly
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

What a story; Jivelli really did spread good cheer where ever she lived (except during thunderstorms, but that's OK too). RIP dear girl.

{{{HUGS}}}
    I'm so sorry she had to make the trip.

Take comfort in knowing she's free now.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

I'm sorry about Jivelli. I'm sure she had a good life and you helped her along the way. Now she's happy at the Rainbow Bridge.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    I'm sorry about Jivelli. I'm sure she had a good life and you helped her along the way. Now she's happy at the Rainbow Bridge.

Same here. I am so sorry she has passed. I know she will be remembered
    forever.

Rest In Peace Jilly.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

RIP, Jilly. You touched the lives of many.

It does hurt when our "fosters" leave for Rainbow Bridge, even though we may not have them in our homes very long. They permanently touch our lives.
    Hugs to you and all who loved dear Jilly.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Rest in Peace Jilly Play hard at the bridge, beautiful girl

I'll bet my Benny met her at the gates of the bridge. They're frolicking around together now.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!