Thread: New Guinea Pig! Name ideas?

New Guinea Pig! Name ideas?

When I dropped Larry, a foster Guinea pig, off at the rescue yesterday I picked up my new addition! She is a white and tan Peruvian/Abby. mix. She has some hair on her forehead that sticks strait up so she reminds me of a little cockatoo. Her foster mom guesstimated her age to be about eight months.
    She's a very sweet girl but it still getting used to the surroundings here. She's letting me pet her now without running away, so I think in a day or two she'll be ready to let me pick her up (as she was quite calm and friendly at the rescue). Once she's used to me I'm going to introduce her to Lucy (my current piggy).

Here are some pictures. They really don't do her justice...she is much more goofy looking in person. LOL Not only is her head flare more prominant in first person, but she has these cute little cheek fluffs that make her look like a little chipmunk!:
    http://i33.tinypic.com/2zem2hh.jpg
    http://i36.tinypic.com/2mnhudy.jpg
    http://i38.tinypic.com/w2h7io.jpg

She does, however, still need a name. She was being called "Crazy Hair Girl" by her foster mom, but I want something that rolls off the tounge a bit more easily. My family hasn't been a big help, because they just want to name her "Fluffy" or "Snowball". No thanks. I thought about calling her "Bunny" for a dust-bunny, but I don't know...it just doesn't seem to fit. Maybe. I'm horrible at naming things.
    ~My Clan: Blackie, Rose, Chloe (dogs), Casey, Dameon (ferts), Pheobe (kitty), Dot, Louie (Cavies), Joey (Teil), Pikachu (Dwarf Hammie), Sadie (Guide Dog), R.I.P. Rush (15yrs), R.I.P. Lucy (4yrs)~

She is such a cutie pie, congratulations! Good to hear that she is adjusting to her new home. As for names, I`m not much of a help, I`m terrible too. But the first thing I thought of when I saw her was "Nellie," and I`m not exactly sure why?
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

Oh, gosh, with that hair, she's gotta be a Phyllis - for Phyllis Diller!
    I've Been Frosted

Ahh, I love the hair!!
    I thought of Mary, from the scene in the movie with Cameron Diaz (which I hated that movie btw).
    Or Alice, since you have a Lucy. I'm thinking I Love Lucy and Alice from the Honeymooners. Or what was Lucy's friends name?? Ethel!!! LOL
    Sorry, I'm bored at work and getting a little goofy.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    I'm thinking I Love Lucy and Alice from the Honeymooners. Or what was Lucy's friends name?? Ethel!!! LOL
    Love the Lucy/Alice and Lucy/Ethel combos! Too cute!

Adorable!
    Congratulations on the new member of the family.
    I hope all goes well when she is ready to be introduced to Lucy.
    I wish I could give some good name suggestions, but I am not too creative. I like the other suggestions that have been made much more than the ones that popped into my mind... mine aren't very original. :]
    Good luck on deciding!

LOL You don't know how many people have told me to name her Ethel. She just doesn't seem very "Ethel"ish to me, sadly. Alice is cute. Hmmmmmm...
    I had a name come to me earlier. It has nothing to do with Lucy or even being fluffy...but I think it fits. Maybe. Not sure yet. The name is Flower.
    I had just got done telling my older brother that I had a new pig and as I was walking out of his room I was trying to think of names. I said to myself, "She looks like a food name, or a fruit name, or a flower name...Flower!"
    That is how I named both Joey and Pikachu...I just randomly started saying names and then that little lightbulb went off.

And then after I thought about it for a minute I remembered that cute scene off of Bambi..."That's not a flower! That's a-" "It's allright. He can call me Flower if he wants too." "Purty! Purty Flower!"

So, unless another name pops out at me, Flower it is. Allthough now that my moment of "brillance" has gone and passed, I'm still trying to decide if that name feels right.

I've let her and Lucy sniff each other through the bars of their cages and they seemed to be interested in one another. Flower (still trying to decide if I like that...) has gotten along with all of the sows she's been caged with before, so I just hope Lucy takes to her.
    ~My Clan: Blackie, Rose, Chloe (dogs), Casey, Dameon (ferts), Pheobe (kitty), Dot, Louie (Cavies), Joey (Teil), Pikachu (Dwarf Hammie), Sadie (Guide Dog), R.I.P. Rush (15yrs), R.I.P. Lucy (4yrs)~

Decided against the name flower. No surprise there. But thanks to all of your suggestions about the "I Love Lucy" side, I thought of another Lucy...the one from Peanuts. Since pig isn't a boy, I couldn't quite name her Linus, but I did the next best thing...Peppermint Patty. Pepper for short. And that is official! No more changing. Poor Pepper's going to be all confused.

Pepper is a great name!! I didn't even think about the Lucy from Peanuts.

Well, Welcome to PT Pepper!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Pepper is really cute!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Yet another name change. Little sister's idea and since she is the baby of the family....*sigh* She took one look at the piggy for the first time and said, "You should name her Dot." My mom got a kick out of that as, "there is always a dot at the end of an exclamation mark (her hair)", so Dot it is. Her nickname will be Peppermint Patty.

Her and Lucy are getting along great and she is such a doll. I love piggies.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    She's cute. I like her new name! Dot's very cute.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Dot is a cute name indeed. Nice choice!
    Hope we`ll be seeing more pics of Dot soon?