Thread: Kiya

Kiya

Many people are afraid of an animal with a "disability". But, there is nothing really wrong with the animal. Kiya is one of those special kitties. My sister had a feral cat in her backyard who had to have one of her eyes removed (my sister had her spayed at the same time). Sylvester would disappear for days at a time and when she'd reappear she was perfectly healthy. She'd also bring "presents" for my sister. Even with one eye, she was able to hunt and take care of herself. My sister adopted another cat who'd already had to have an eye removed (Long John) and rescued a kitten (Tablette) abandoned by one of the feral cats in her yard. The mother rejected Tablette at about 10 days of age because of two bad eyes (one large and one small and deformed) and respiratory problems. Tablette lived a good life indoors and died of cancer at 10 years of age.

Wow. You make me think abt this issues... Cats are so strong that even with some disabilities, they can be great long lasting friends. 10 years? rejected by mom and with bad eyes? respiratory problems? WOW again! My complete admiration and thank god there's people like u guys in a world that sometimes makes me sick abt seeing how cruel can people be with animals, especially with cats