Thread: Here is Bobbie

Here is Bobbie

Thank you to everyone who gave me advice on how to care for a Cockatiel before I rescued him.

Here is Bobbie. He is roughly 7yrs old, can fly, eats well, has healthy lungs, thinks the Digi's nose is a chew toy, & he hates being touched

He is such a grumpy bird when it comes to ANYTHING that goes near him. Mind you I don't blame him. That kid was kicking his cage & scaring him all the time.

They told he he wont go on my shoulder or give me any sort of loving... WELL!

On day 2, he begged to be let out of his cage, then flew to my shoulder. He sang to me, kissed me, then tried to steal my gold ring!!

He sings a lot, but if he can't see me, he calls for me. I just wave my hand as I'm usually just slouched in my chair on the computer. He stops calling me, & gets back to wooing his mirror.

He sings to that mirror all day long. THen hops over to the other mirror like thing & churps or screams to it. That mirror thing might be removed, as him screaming is deafning in here.

Bobbie in the small temp cage
    http://kingrattus.net/gallery/v/Pets...e+018.jpg.html

Aww, he was just waiting for a GOOD human before getting friendly!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Aww, he was just waiting for a GOOD human before getting friendly!
    I agree!

You've done a great thing taking him in. He's beautiful.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Thank you

Digi has fun following him when hes doing laps in the house. However hes not too smart. He goes on the door window ledge & gets stuck, becuase hes too high up & can't turn around to fly.. so he'll call me like crazy.. THen the second I put a finger near him, he bites me (he doesn't bite hard at all), then gets all cranky & flies away in a panic... Hes one weird bird.

I have been wondering how he was doing, and its great that he is adjusting very well! I'm very happy to hear that. He is a handsome little guy. I bet my girls would be drooling over that picture of him. ;]

One of my tiels has a odd personality, too. One day she will be super lovey, and want to snuggle with me, and the next she will try to put a front up as if she despises me. Just like Bobbie, though, her bites don't hurt. I still love her despite how difficult she can be. :]

Congratulations to having a great bird on your hands, and thanks for giving him a great home. I am sure his personality will blossom even more within the coming weeks. Keep us updated!
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}